Advanced needs help for a new wheel.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alen, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Alen

Alen New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Dear community,

after finally selling my Hori Racing Wheel (...), which I used for half a year, I'm prepared to buy me a new one.
    I've read a lot on the internet and watched several reviews, but I'm not able to make a decision. You should know, that I'm not a 24/7-gamer and predominantly play on weekends, but I take SimRacing pretty serious and I'm a very passionate motorsports-fan. :)
    My first possibility is the Logitech G29, which has a very good processing and some solid pedals. The negative aspect is the force feedback, which intends to be too weak.
    My second eye went on the Thrustmaster-series.
    Unfortunately, the pedals aren't the best ones in terms of reliability and processing.
    Would do you guys think about the T150 with T3PA pedals?
    Or should I really go for a T300 RS with the normal plastic double-pedals or even the T3PA?

Which suggestions would you make?

I'm looking forward to a great discussion,

have a nice day. :)

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If you have the cash i would go for t 300 and t3pa pro (the ones you can invert). Or look for a used/discounted fanatec setup

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Actually I would go the other way around. Look at the best pedals you can afford and buy them first. They will make the biggest impact on your performance, then buy a stand alone wheel like the Thrustmaster T300 or a Fanatec equivalent. That is if the wheel you have now is okay have decent FFB and that you can wait a couple of months to save up for a better wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alen

Alen New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, right now I don't have any wheel, and my last one didn't have FFB. xD

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Well I would still buy the best pedals I could afford and buy a really cheap wheel with just plain FFB. Believe me, the pedals are much more important than the steering wheel. You will lack in immersion but gain in speed with better pedals. If you really are in to sim racing build a cheap a$$ rig out of wood and buy the Protosimtech PT2. Then buy the cheapest steering wheel you can from Ebay or any other internet site. (Not impossible to find one for ~100 euros)
    Our good friend and simracing looney ;) Jimmy B have made a good youtube clip about it here

6. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I would also recommend to buy good pedals (with loadcell) and to start with a ‚cheaper‘ Wheel, which you can upgrade some time later...