Question AI accidents ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by [TwwT]-[BE] Poppa, Aug 14, 2015.

1. [TwwT]-[BE] Poppa

[TwwT]-[BE] Poppa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed throughout a race you don't see see any incidents or accidents made by the AI (exept the ones caused by me ;) ). Playing DTM 2014: amateur- adaptive AI, maybe this is a "get real" -only feature?
    Loving this game, my sim racing goes back to the early Papyrus Nascar-Indycar era, but this one is getting close to my all time favourite.:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    they do happen but not very often and alot less than they used to. due to popular demand really people didn't like the ai screwing up so they don't very often.

also people would blame the ai for causing collisions so sector 3 has have to make them a lot more docile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. [TwwT]-[BE] Poppa

[TwwT]-[BE] Poppa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanx !

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    More personality, aggression towards other AI's, accidents, mechanical issues and overall randomness is really needed for the AI!!

5. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Salzburgring has hosted some spectacular multi car pile ups in the first bend for me it is tight though and the barrels on the corners do make it tricky, thats about it though for consistant ai crashes i have heard Macau is the same on the hairpin but i am not buying it until they sort that out.I would like to see more randomness like punctures and the pit crew messing up sometimes it would make it a lot more interesting like Heppsan said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I sometimes think people over estimate the number of accidents in an actual race. I think that the priorities @Robert Holm laid out in the other thread are spot on at the moment; get cars navigating all types of circuit well and interacting with each other well, then layer in the mistakes, errors and other more random occurrences.

Those barrels at Salzburgring should be made into moveable objects though, IMO.

• Like Like x 1