Question AI DRS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by paperstreetjack, Jan 27, 2017.

1. paperstreetjack

paperstreetjack New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

My first post here...

I have been racing the DTM 16 single player and was wondering if the AI actually use their DRS capabilties? I seem to be able to activate mine and either close up to the car ahead or pull away from the car behind fairly quickly... If they don't I'll just run another series, but was curious.

Also, I'm not sure if I should create another thread for this - I'm noticing on the AI seem to have some trouble hitting certain apex's. For example, at Suzuka on the the exit of spoon curve they take a wide line for a late apex but almost so seem to slow right down then drive over to it (hope that makes sense!), which kills their exit speed up to 130r. Then into the chicane none of the AI seem to hit either of the apex's, the line seems to be the centre of the track.
    I've tried various cars, AI strengths, AI Apadtion, yet it seems to be the AIW (possibly).

Really loving the sim now, and was just hoping for some help as I may be doing something wrong!!

Thanks for reading

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about DRS, never run DTMs againdt the AI. But it does use push-to-pass, so I'd assume DRS is used as well.

As for the racing-line the AI is definitely weaker in hairpins and chicanes.
    It's gotten better, and presumably it's going to get better still, but right now Norisring is the only track where I can outrun 120 AI, so it's definitely a weak point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They sometimes use DRS, but not always even when they should be able to.

4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I've raced a lot of DTM against AI (before the recent patch anyway) and I'm pretty sure they do not use DRS. I was never overtaken in a way to suggest they did.

About AI lines in Suzuka- Yes, I know that you mean- that particular turn they do completely wrong, in WTCC at least.

And yes, they are almost always much slower entering hairpins and tight turns compared to how the user has to enter them. I do not find this necessarily horrible, as it provides good overtaking opportunities, but it's a bit arcady. Definitely could be improved.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's a report about Suzuka in our database, iirc it is being reviewed, or will be in the future.