Bug AI keep crashing and stopping on track

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Simon Fillingham, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so I've started 3 custom championships in single player. The first was ADAC 2015, then FR2 and lastly WTCC 2015.
    FR2's have been ok, but ADAC & WTCC I keep experiecing random collisions between the AI which they take an age to untangle themselves from, later on in the race the cars will just stop on track, but won't be there on the next lap.
    With the ADAC it happened at oschersleben, with the WTCC it happened at sonoma.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but after looking through the first 5 pages I couldn't find any help.

Regards,
    Simon.

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Which tracks have you experienced these collisions on?

3. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Oschersleben with ADAC 2014
    Sonoma Sprint and now also Zandvort National with WTCC 2015.

4. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    you really dont want to try macau then lol ... the ai stack up 30 cars deep trying to turn b4 the hairpin and hit the wall ... u try find a way thru and ai behind u ram ya and turn u around so u are stuck facing sideways or backwards ... and of coursee u try a 10 point turn to face the right way but stupid ai keep side ramming u to make sure u cant ever face the car back the right way ... ...... not that i would know since i cant ever ever get this crap to work ...

503 .......
    503 .......
    503 ..... now black screen black screen black screen ... yea i get to hear some noise but thats it i doubt it is even connected past the 503 because if u wait long enuff on the log in screen it eventually lets your game thinks its joining so u can be in black screen land.... and dotn even try say about the stupid no black launch becaus eu know that doesnt do any damn thing just like verifing game cache 1 million times also wont fix anything...

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In that case there's a conflict with the hardware acceleration. To resolve, try this:

· Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    · Click "properties."
    · Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    · Enter -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist in the text field. Make sure that you write it exactly like this and include the dashes "-".
    · Click Ok.
    · Start the game.

The hardware acceleration is then disabled and you should be able to play.

6. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Why would I ask you to try those solutions as 503 is a connection issue and should not be affected by hardware acceleration or missing game files?

The problem with 503 is that it is a very generic error that can be caused by many things. Therefore I would recommend you try the usual suspects when it comes to connection troubles which are your firewall, anti-virus and router. You may also want to try clearing out the following folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData

Doing so has solved the issue for some players, but as I pointed out above that depends entirely on what is causing the 503 to begin with.

7. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    @zandvort national the ai cars take the tightest hairpin too fast and end up going head on into wall. There were remains of about 10 cars after 15min race.

@sonoma sprint the ai cars can either stop in the middle of the last right handed causing a long tail back, or they hit wall on exit of right hander and spin and cause a pile up that takes an age to untangle from, or they just come to a halt at various places (mainly on start/finish straight).

@oschersleben I can't remember exact locations, but again ai cars just stopped at various points on track

8. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "You may also want to try clearing out the following folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData"

Finally something that works.. I have looked everywhere deleted a million things and too many other things i would not reccommend anyone to try ... and i didnt see this mention anywhere b4 ... after doing a lot of research i believe my game crashed memory dump maybe a blues screen b4 this started happening ... and not once could i get in ... this info may help someone else so maybe will need to be easier to find.. also i hope that the steam id joining the game will maybe prevent some instances of this. ..

One issue i did not know i had was that i had some previous account made under one of my email address ... that email some how was linked to the steam id even tho every time i was login into the game i had put my new account login i made ... and was only after 1 week that an error started to come up telling me that i had already steam log in id... this seem very strange and i did not know it meant the game was log in with a different login id because as far as i knew i had for the whole week only 1 account.. and log in but i had one that was about a year old.

Also this explained a worry that I had when Iogged into my account and it said i had 0 km driven and no owned content ... as everything i bought ( from clicking in game and purchased thru adding funds to steam converted in to vrm ) while i thought i was log into my only account was actually going to the old account i didnt know that i had . So this is a relief I havent lost all the items.... just a lot of time ...

Thanks Hannes

• Like Like x 1