Bug AI pitting on the last lap

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tobias Schröder, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I am currently driving a championship with the 2016 WTCC cars, and in nearly every race some of the AI cars are driving into the pits. The races are 5 laps long and pit stops are not mandatory.

Is this a known issue already or do you need more information from me?

Oh and there is another problem with my WTCC championship:
    I am always jumping the start because when I press the throttle the car just starts to drive, even when the lights are still on. The strange thing is that this only happens in the championship, in normal single player races the car won't move until the lights go out.

2. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I had this happen the other day but my tire wear is at 4x and i figured they felt like it was time to pit. Were your tires pretty worn or stock 1x multiplier on wear?

3. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Nope, the tires were still really good, multiplier is x1 so it doens't really make sense for the AI to pit, especially on the final lap.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    With tirewear at 4x, these tires would last around 6-7 mins :p So if you did a race about that long, I can see the AI wanting to pit.

How long was the race and at which track please.

5. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Five laps at Moscow FIM.

Could it be possible that they got a drive trough for overtaking under yellow and took them on the final lap?
    Flag rules are "complete", DQ on late penalties is "off". Can this scenario be avoided if I turn the DQ "on"? Would people who recieve penalyties in the last laps be disqualified instead of getting a drive through or what does that option mean?

Here are the exact settings:

2017-04-13 0936 0001.jpg
    2017-04-13 0936 0002.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Found the reason.
    As soon as you turn the flag rules on, the race start is manual, which is quite uncomfortable when you don't have a clutch pedal. Is there any way to avoid the manual starts or will I have to turn the flag rules off?

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Dont shift into 1st until the lights go green?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tobias Schröder

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yeah okay I already did that, the starts are a little bit slower but thats okay. Just wondered if there is some other option I did not see :)

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Could also try using the handbrake I guess...

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Can you just sit there riding the clutch around the bite point so clutch and throttle at the right point stops the car from launching? I use auto clutch so wouldn't know.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If the s/f straight were to go uphill, yes. But most s/f straights are either flat or going downhill slightly so the problem is more in preventing the car from rolling forward unwantedly I guess.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    can you rev and brake at same time then and then take foot off the brake to launch?

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    At least that's what I think. The last time I tried that kinda stuff it worked as you'd expect it to.
    That's why I suggested trying to use the handbrake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Can I bump this, I encountered the same problem tonight with A.I. pitting on the final lap.

WTCC 2017 at the Nord, 7 laps, get real, mandatory pit stop, tire wear & fuel 1x.

By the last lap my tires (and presumably the A.I.'s) were practically carcasses and fuel was down to 1. There's no way we could have gone another lap even if we wanted to but it seems the A.I. don't realise they are on the final lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  15. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    We've encountered this issue during testing and I think steps has been taken earlier by the devs to fix it, but this I'm highly unsure about so don't take my words for it. What I know is that it has been discussed.

I can try to replicate later tonight and then report if needed. I've had this problem back in March when running 40 min races with GT3 with 3X fuel consumption and tires where they all pitted on the last lap or just before taking the Chequered flag on some tracks like Slovakia Ring, which is not so much fun...

16. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    I think we've made changes to address this issue with our Artificial Idiots several times... Somehow they outsmart us!

• Funny Funny x 2