Question AI problem or misunderstanding something

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MoonCrystal, May 14, 2016.

1. MoonCrystal

MoonCrystal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    First of all, english is not my first language so, may be I will make some mistakes.
    I've asked this question on Steam but I think that it's may be better to ask it here :

.I'm not a pro of this kind of games but i love them. However, I don't understand how AI works in this games. The problem is that they always crash me, each course, each game,each time, whatever the difficulty I choose (80, 105 or adaptive), I can't finish a course because they push me from behind me and make me loose the car and then I crash on a wall...

It seems that the AI is idiot. In fact it seems that it's not aware of my presence. Here's a screenshot below when we can see the AI begins a turn without seeing that I'm here, and it crashes me ! The car in front of the image is me, the car just behind me on the left doesn't see me and drive directly on my car.
    racing.jpg
    What is the trick ? I have no difficulty to play the track alone for example, I know the tracks, where are difficulties etc... but when I start a course with AI opponent, it's for me unplayable, after 2-3 mns one AI car push me and send me into hell ^^

Is there something I don't know or a trick because I don't know how to fight them.

Thank you for your advices !

2. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
  3. MoonCrystal

MoonCrystal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply. I read the post #87 but I'm not sure to understand exactly what this post "says". Sorry my english is not the worst but sometimes I have some difficulties. It says that we can train the AI ?

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Generally speaking, if the AI crashes into your back, you brake way too early for the corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MoonCrystal

MoonCrystal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that a human conductor would react to this and not continue like an idiot ^^ I try to understand the #87 post it seems that the AI will learn how you drive with somes laps isn't it ? Sorry if I don't undestand ^^

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Generally speaking AI is kinda messy after one of recent updates. They have problem's with noticing players car. I rather don't have problems when they are behind me (they don't even try to perform attack on me) but when you are side-by-side and happen to be on inside, they will most likely run into you.

Plus they can brake much later on some corners than it's physically possible for the player

7. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It is possible to have good races against the AI. At First you should know the track, then you have to brake halfway properly and last, the AI speed must be somewhere at your performance level.

I had exactly this crashing problem at first. It is a different story since I learned to drive and brake. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  9. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    1) Find your AI level for combo car/track. for ex. if AI 95 lvl is good for you then
    2) Do the one shortest race (1 lap enough) with AI lvl 95 and rolling start
    3) Do the same but with AI lvl 94, then 93, then 96, then 97, then 98
    Yor lap time is not very important, but try to don't race to slow
    This method allow you to teach AI in 6 laps instead 30 min race minimum
    After thet try to race with adaptive AI

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1