Problem AI "Silhouette Series" Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SANDER van DORN [GER], Feb 15, 2016.

1. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    AI is extremely slow in Indianapolis (Moto)...Even on level 110 one can win every race within laps - despite starting from the last place. The cars are a lot of fun to drive however :) #thumbsupsector3

Is that a known issue?!

2. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    There is a bug that causes ai that have blown their gearbox not to retire they keep going around the track really slowly causing crashes,this happens a lot at Bathhurst when a driver blows the gearbox thats pretty much the race ruined because the slow car will cause an accident or just get in the way causing jams.
    The other reason is the ai is not good at certain tracks especially ones with tight sections, in the DTM 2015 at Zolda i can have a good race at 106% but at Hockenheim i have to set it to 117% to compensate the ai hitting the kerbs too fast in the stadium section, they lose a second no matter what you set them too,this happens at a few other tracks were the ai woulld be on pace but they mess one certain place in the track up and it makes setting up the ai really hard,this comes into play even more when running a championship some tracks you will win easily like you did others you will never see the leaders.
    If you want a good single race in these cars and i agree they are great to drive try Monza, Spa or Leguna Seca these tracks are less problematicthan some of the others.You may also want to try turning off mechanical damage that will stop the damaged ai cars ruining your races.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This can also be caused by a corrupted AI adaptation file.
    If you don't use adaptive AI and don't fear losing all your adaptation data, delete this file C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1\aiadaptation.xml and see if that helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SANDER van DORN [GER]

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Christian, how do I know whether I use adaptive AI or not?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's in the difficulty setting you chose in the race setup menu, right at the top of the drop down menu:
    2016-02-16 0822 0001.jpg
    So you either use a fixed value or adaptive. The thing is that the adaptation process still works even if you use a fixed value in a race, so that file can very rarely cause issues and deleting it can potentially fix those.

6. SANDER van DORN [GER]

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Damn, haven't noticed this option in all the while...Thanks mate!!