Ai Tyre Strategy?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Lorenzo Morale, 27. September 2020.

1. Lorenzo Morale

Lorenzo Morale New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I am an offline player and I would like to create an offline championship with GTR2 Cars - 30min races with mandatory pitstop. My only concern is that I don’t know which set of tyres AI will fit. Do they select the softest compound for qualify and the hardest for the race? Does anybody know their parameters for tyre selection?

Thank you in advance and keep your right foot down ;)

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    With the F1 car, they generally use soft tyres in qualifying and medium / hard tyres in the race.

3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1.950 / 0 / -0
    Each tyre compound has an estimated life time which the AI uses to decide which tyre to go for.
    In qualifying, they will pick the softest tyre available. When racing, AI will select the softest tyre which will last the race distance.

For example, if the race is 1 hour long (and the fuel tank is big enough) but the soft tyre will last only 20 minutes, the AI will not select that tyre. If you use those same AI opponents in a 15 minute race, they will select the soft tyre.

It gets more complicated when fuel strategy gets involved, but the AI will always select the softest compound which will last the distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    So if they do have to make a pit stop, they also choose the softest tyre that will get them from that point to the end of the race?

How does fuel work? Is it just full tank for stint 1, enough to finish the race for stint 2? Or does it try and split the load equally?

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1.950 / 0 / -0
    They should split the race stints equally.

If you do happen to see AI pitting really late, such as in the last couple of laps, that is a bug and it'd be appreciated if it was reported to us!