AI Using DRS/Push-to-pass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClayytonBR, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello, everyone. I´ve just come back to this sim after a long time and it´s amazing how better it is right now, especially the AI! Wow, DTM is fantastic! Speaking of which, one thing I´ve noticed, the AI never uses DRS or PSP when allowed. Why not?! I think the developers could try to figure out a way to make that happen, as it would be a huge improvement for the sim! What are your thoughts on it?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They do. :)
    If you enable the driver names you can see when they use Push-to-Pass (ptp).
    2017-07-18 2028 0001.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I´ve noticed that, but DTM cars curiously don´t use it. Just tried 20 laps at Monza and no DRS.

4. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure they use drs, but within the rules, so if you are more than 1s in front of them, no drs for them.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They don't always use DRS, it depends on the track somehow.

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've not seen the DTM's use it neither, even when I've been sat right up their exhaust, I'm not convinced the AI use DRS or P2P.

7. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  8. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, just checked and at Hockenheim the AI really uses DRS! But it doesn´t seem to happen at Monza, for example. Tried a 12 lap race there and no DRS at all. Look at the pictures, the AI never uses DRS, even being from less than one second from the car ahead and in the DRS zone, nothing happens. And as I was driving mostly at Monza and Sachsenring, I didn´t see that happening at either track.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017