Bug [AI] Waiting for cars a long way behind

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shardshunt, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    this is addressed to the AI programmer @Robert Holm (I think)

The issue is that the ai makes a mistake runs off the track but after rejoining the track it comes to a complete stop to let other cars past even though they are a long distance behind and their is plenty of space to rejoin. I have seen quite a few instances of this but here is a few:

Difficulty 105
    Race length 15min
    Class GT2
    Player car BMW

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Have also seende this, but I thought it was a good thing to ptevent an even bigger accident.
    Me and the other AI's was however closer to the spinning AI and he came to a stop on the grass.

3. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thx shardshunt, I'm aware that it needs addressing. Will look into it when I get time to revisit AI again.
    It's meant to prevent them re-entering causing another accident, but there's some room for tweaking :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The fact is that IA struggle with this particular turn @ bathurst

I recently tried to make a race against AI on this track but it wasn't good at all. Most IA cars tend to make mistake at this turn, going to far on the right hander and spin out...
    After that, as said they behave not really good. Even cars that are coming on the stopped one does not good: they stay stopped behing instead of passing on the side.