AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Having recently moved over from rFactor 2 to Raceoom, I must say, it is quite a spectacle. The bespoke menu designed for selecting your cars, liveries, and race properties just completely blows any other competitors out of water. Very impressed to see such innovation. The behaviour itself is also surreal as well, no other game matches the AI behaviour, how cars slipstream and manipulate the racing line in order to gain more speed and calculate overtakes before they even happen.

You have earned my money! Oh, and I must say that this game is quite beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vern Wozza

Vern Wozza New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with most of what you say here, but I have a few issues with the AI in RR.

The biggest issue I have found is that there doesn't seem to be any variance in the ability of the AI drivers meaning that after an hours worth of GT3 racing the pack is still bunched up together within a few seconds of each other.

This means that the AI are constantly defending and lap times are slow. If you get in to the lead I tend to zoom off in to the distance as the AI are battling each other.

What would make the AI experience amazing in RR is some kind of talent manager or at very least a variance slider like we find in other sims.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    not exactly true , each ai has its own talent file with a +/- % to there abilitys , there are some other issues at present that are being looked at that are causing the bunching so hopefully we will get to the bottom of this soon

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Vern Wozza

Vern Wozza New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah that is music to my ears.

I did think there must be something working in the background as there are the same names appearing near the top of the quali results. I will wait with bated breath until the fix is here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is so refreshing to hear. Love the transparency at Raceroom; especially the communication. Out of interest, is there anything in particular on the roadmap for AI now that Multiclass has been introduced, are you aware of anything in the horizon that you will be testing? In addition, is there anything I should be aware of for the time being which may impact my offline endurance racing? I am attempting to mimic lengthy endurance racing.