AIW editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silvanob2, Mar 2, 2017.

1. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I have said it numbers of time but no one want to hear me....what we need is a AIW editor. Exemple....we drive hotlap alone on track, when we think we have the best lap we can, then go out of the sim and "feed" this lap to the editor wich will create a main line with our speed in corners and the ideal line. Of course as we get better we can repeat this and so have a AI that grows with us.
    Of course the editor will also create some variations in the main AI line so it dosent get boring and the talent file should be there at the consumer disposal to tweak them in order to have differences in the pack.
    This is what devs should be doing since many years but they dont and i dont know why...

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Because they have numerous other things to do. I have my own preferences too (AI car selector, multiple team cars, editable AI talent files), but I understand it's not necessarily possible for them to implement anything in one go. Look at the list of what they're working on - this tool you're describing doesn't sound like a 5 minute task exactly!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ooh ooh, is this the I want, I want thread? I want a Nvidia 1080Ti please, oh and Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's and Aston Martins!

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    the snatch tractor is a lambo

other than that this game isnt moddable so why would they make and release modding tools ?

Andi

5. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Why does nobody want TVRs any more?
    They were pretty cool, right?

6. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I guess, there must be a reason... ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yes your asking for a modding tool in a game that isnt modable !!!!

Andi

8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Make me admin and I'll mod all ya'll.

... I'll see myself out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I think it's a sweet idea on paper and would be cool. However, like stated earlier it probably isn't a 5 min job and would most certainly require a complete overhaul of the game and its underlying software.

10. DaniloE31

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Just added a wink-smiley to underline my irony... just in case :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Danilo, Rodger, Andi, Goodwin, i understand there are good reasons for everything and i accept it cause i really love this sim. I guess your all right in what you say, i am a offliner and the AI is very important to me ....well was just a wishfull thinking but yes i agree there are many other thing to do and it isent a "modable" sim...i wont ask that again :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  12. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Basically you assume the player's line (your line) is better than that of the ai. I tend to disagree. Following a good ai (110-120% depending on the series) has showed my a few lines throuh turns that I never came up with and I imporved my lap times. I really don't see the use of a tool to have ai drive exactly like me.

13. DaniloE31

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Believe me, I am too :)

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Modding a sim only causes problems and confusion, and basically ruins it..

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's if the AI take the correct line, I've been racing on Mid Ohio & Bathurst a lot lately at the AI take completely incorrect lines through some turns. So whilst you can learn from the AI just be careful not to follow them 100% and believe they are correct.

Disagree entirely in a general sense, although I agree AIW Editing is not necessarily needed in this Sim it would help improve the experience for the user, but it's not gonna happen any way so it's a moot point :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Marc, i couldnt have said it better myself and as you say its not gonna happen :cool:

17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of Sims endorse modding in one form or another, can't we have just one Sim where upon integrity is left to the developers and we just race? I get modding/modders 100%, a lot became/become developers themselves, great way to show ones skills to the community. There is a lot of good ones, past and present, there's also a lot of naff, half baked dross, littering up hard drives.
    Kinda fun pestering the Devs for this car and that track or feigning world war 3 because half of Brands Hatch is missing or refusing to buy one more item as the Bentley's wheel nuts in Sim, have 5 sided hex's, when the REAL one has 6.
    Lets just have an unmodded, fully functional Sim that we can all fail to make further than the first turn in please!

• Like Like x 4
  18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Along with this though, RR is still partially moddable.

How else would we have Crew Chief and the like if the game was 100% locked down? :D

19. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    The Devil's Nuts!

What next? 19 sided Icosahedrons? Dungeons and err,,,,umm, sorry i meant Double Overhead Cams with Turbo Sprung Main Shafts will never be the same again.. (Manly grunt.)

20. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 employ the great mr_belowski, pay him the millions he deserves and we all get on with it. ;)