Resolved Allways missing gears while H-shifting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Michael Nais, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Michael Nais

Michael Nais New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey people,

I tried a lot of hours to solve my problem, but nothing worked.
    When driving my favourite classes (classic touring, DTM 92, Group 5) I have so much miss-shifts.

It happens at least one time in a lap that a gear will not change. On up- and downshifts equaly.
    The only car I have not that problem is the DTM Opel Omega. But even there I feel that I often don't shift properly, but at least it shifts.
    I guess its a clutch problem (autoclutch and gearboxdamage is off), because I have a prothetic left leg and not such a good feeling for the clutchpedal. Due to that I even need extreme deadzone-levels.
    If I turn autoclutch on and still use the clutch the problem is the same.

Maybe there is a special tweeking or trick on the settings to de-sensitize the clutch?
    Or it's just me, shifting like a elephant. But I tried over 100 laps to shift properly...

Current settings are:

Clutch sensitivity: 20%
    Clutch lower deadzone: 50%
    Clutch upper deadzone: 60%
    Clutch Biting Point: 4

My wheel-setup is a T500RS with the T3PA pro-pedals and TH8A-Shifter.

Thank you for trying to help!
    Michael

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Maybe should you leave the lower deadzone @ 0% and sensitivity @ 50 (= linear response)

Only change biting point and upper deadzone to get the bit point were it fit better for you.
    I don't remember well the différent levels of biting point (lower is shorter ? or the inverse ?) But you may want a shorter bit point to get less miss shift.
    The more you'll have to throw the pedal before clutch engage/disengage the more you may have miss shifts

With your settings you need to throw the pedal at least 50% to get the disengaged clutch (because of the lower deadzone), I think your probleme come from that ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Michael Nais

Michael Nais New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Didn't know that 50% Sensitivity is quite linear. Thanks for that, I will try.
    The only roblem with the lower cluth deadzone is that I have to angle the knee so much to unload the pedal, that it hits the wheel-box. That's the reason I give it at least 45% usually, otherwise it happens often that I slightly engage the clutch without taking notice and losing acceleration while racing. There is no option to see the pedal-movements in the HUD, or is it?

4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yep, for sensitivity:
    50% is linear
    100% is more sensitive at the end
    0% is more sensitive at the beginning
    ... or the opposite :D

Ok I get it.
    The game don't have pedals viewer at this time. There's one with R3E webdashboard (third party tools you can find in the community workshop board here), I don't know if it work well, give it a shoot ;)
    Maybe should you have some hardware tweak on your clutch pedal to block it at the right angle for your knee so you don't have to keep pressur on it

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  5. Michael Nais

Michael Nais New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Must be like that.
    Maybe Somebody knows how to adjust the biting point in relation to the sensitivity right?

I know, but I would need a new Rig for that and I got zero problems in Assetto Corsa with same settings.
    Could depend on the more realisitc gearbox-physics in R3E...hmm.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you could tweak the clutch response with diview .......

Andi

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

In Asseto you can't change biting point, only dead-zones
    But AFAIK there should not be major differences between the two, once you've set yours with a biting point that fit for you.

Going back on your OP:
    About downshifting: since last update there's a protection. With Sequential gearbox it prevent you to downshift to early, and I've read from the dev that there's a behaviour on H pattern gearbox too witch also might prevent for savages downshifting :)
    Maybe it's your real probleme. Because AFAIK (sic), nothing prevents you to upshift even if you don't press the clutch, it may only damage the transmission if you do it too much (or not, some car can upshift without clutch, thanks to dog box gearbox).

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Michael Nais

Michael Nais New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

Just tried but nothing helped. It seemed like it got better with high sensitivity and "5" to the biting point.
    But I still can't manage a lap without miss-shift. :/

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    this may be a no brainer, but be sure the Hshift setting is set in "advanced settings" i believe it is. If not checked the hshifter will still work, but you'll miss shifts just like you are describing...for me when it is checked, i never miss a shift, whereas before i found that setting, i was frustrated like crazy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Michael Nais

Michael Nais New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh my!
    Just managed five Laps with perfect H-shifting.
    The only no-brainer in here seems to be me. How could I have not seen this?!:oops:
    Sorry for the hassle and thank you guys for helping me!

• Like Like x 2
  11. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Damned I didn't thought of that.
    Thought you already have set it correctly ^_^

Good to know you'll be able to fully enjoy the game now ;)

• Like Like x 2