Question Alternating accelerator/brake on controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by lotsastuff, Dec 13, 2015.

1. lotsastuff

lotsastuff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure of the correct terminology, but using an xbox controller, the accelerator and brake controls (the trigger controls on the controller pad) switch sides, depending on whether you are in reverse or not. This surely must be by design, but I find it counter- intuitive.

Is there a setting to make the right hand trigger control stay as the accelerator always -even in reverse (and the LH trigger control stay as the brake) ?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Never experienced this, but I'm using the right stick for throttle/brake.
    What transmission and difficulty are you using?
    Have you tried creating a custom controller profile and assigning throttle/brake to those buttons manually?

3. lotsastuff

lotsastuff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am using Get Real, but it is the same on Amateur. I have it on Auto. The opposite throttle triggers the gear as well, so as I say, it is probably working as designed, it's just that I don't particularly like it.

I will try the custom setup as you suggest, thanks.

4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    that is standard form for auto, i don't understand how else they could do it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lotsastuff

lotsastuff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, they could let you choose forward/reverse manually, and just let the "auto" change gears automatically - like in a real car I suppose. Only need one accelerator and one foot brake in any car I've been in :)

It's a bit silly, as I bought a nice shiny Logitech G29 this morning, and you use the brake pedal to make it accelerate in reverse !!!!!!

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i belive euro truck simulator has a system like that called "Real Automatic". ive never seen it in a racing sim... not that i would know i drive seqential.