Problem AMD Crimson software

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Dec 17, 2015.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I recently upgraded to the latest graphics software from AMD. And I am not impressed with the results. I had to set everything to minimum. Which I didn't before the upgrade. Anyway even with it all set to low, slovakia ring is pretty much unplayable. I get wild changes in fps rates around the track. ranging from 28 to 113 fps and screen stutters randomly in the midst of it all.I tried switching to a single core instead of the dual core and only got minimal improvement.
    slovakia was always a little weird but barely noticeable and very playable.
    I tried to delete the crimson graphics software but then none of my sims worked and the old catalyst control system (which i liked) doesn't even seem to be available anymore.
    All the other tracks I've tried since the upgrade are fine (so to speak:confused:) I thought maybe it was track length so I loaded up the suzuka full track and it ran great. I also tried several different cars on slovakia with no change.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You can roll back the driver to your previous version using your control panel. As a last resort, you can always use system restore. Sounds like the new driver is a stinker.

3. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have the same result after the latest RRE update and Crimsons update. I was enjoying native 4K with everything on until recently. The game play's terrible at the moment. I'd rather not roll back the driver for just this game, if this was the case can I roll back the game version also?

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Which Version of Crimson are you using? I guess it was @Robert Holm who wrote about a Bug in the official Crimson-Driver which is solved in the latest AMD-Beta-Driver.

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Driver seems fine for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I'm using 15.11 which is the latest release. Hannes Walstedt point that out to me a few days ago. It's weird because it started quite well then just degraded rather quickly with time. I finally had to disable it from rrre.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    That's what I got the latest beta. Checked for updates yesterday morning.

10. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Just switched from Nvidia to AMD the same day last week the update came out - was fine one day and terrible the next - single digit frame rates - switched to the beta drivers and all is well again with 100+ fps. Something really wrong with 15.11. Now with 15.11.1 the fan seems more active but performance is much improved.

11. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    People,15,11 is bugged.It heats up the GPU very quickly so to save temperature it drops performance.It is highly recommended to update to 15.11.1.And preferably use the auto installer from the site and not the manual download cause it seems to bring administration right problems and not fully installing the driver.

12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Today they released the new whql version 15.12, if you have problems, probably worth a try

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    no problems with the old ones and no problems with the new ones for me. fyi

• Agree Agree x 1