Analog Handbrake ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race Doedel, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have the Fanatec handbrake. It's analog handbrake. Works well in AC, rf2 ..
    but in RRE its seems not to work.

I am only driving the DTM 1992 cars.

Any ideas ?

2. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hand brake only works on hill climb tracks

3. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ???

Only on hill climb tracks tracks ?
    Why ?

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Cause most people on a race track are .. you know racing ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I understand that on a race track your normaly not use a handbrake, but a car has a handbrake or not and the driver
    decides to use it or not. Here the software decides. :(

So in RRE is the handbrake only enabled on hillclimb tracks. Makes sense. I would to great to have it for the Norisring :rolleyes:

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think it had something to do with that real race cars don't have them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    this

8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Seems that WTCC car have some handbrake:

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, seems like it. :oops:
    Not a bright move though.. ;)

10. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    It may not be the best way to take a turn, but sometimes you just want to have fun and play with the physics a little. It may true not all race cars have handbrakes, but at the same time many track cars do have hand brakes. There are times when a hand brake might be what you need to drift your way out of crashing into an early brake hitter. There are a few instances where a hand brake can help you regain control of your car under certain turning conditions.

The issue here is that for the cars known to have a hand brake it should work period. If its not the best way to take a turn, that should be up to the driver to learn.

By the way I see they decided to use my name on a recent Facebook post without actually using my name. A true drift machine has a hand brake. Even if most of the time dynamic drifting is the preferred drift method. Its very rare to see a track e30 or e36 without a proper hand brake.

I have the exact same handbrake in my car as i do in my ghetto rigged sim cockpit. I make and sell them. Though I am not actively trying to sell them until I have the stand alone model worked out. Right now only compatible with fanatec club sport and csr elite pedal bases. I may not use it often, but when I do, I am having fun

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  11. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Just have what the real car has. it is that simple if some of the cars don't have a a handbreak that should then they should add it but if you take a v8supercar onto a hillclimb don't expect to have a handbrake. This is a sim so that's the obvious answer

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Like assetto corsa for example. It forces you to use either paddle shift or stick depending on car. Like the handbrake only works on cars known to have it. Its probably the only sim that does this. The BMW Z4 GT3 car don't have the handbrake, but the e30 does, except the dtm variant. Even in drift mode only the known cars support the handbrake, not all.

That's what I am asking of this game. Even SimRaceway does the same thing with the hand brake. Though in that game you can shift with either the paddles or the stick. I hope I am making sense here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you can't expect everyone to have a stick and clutch its just to expensive if they were to do that they would remove a large amount of their audience which isn't a smart business move, but forcing to use sequential or full manual instead of auto in get real seems like a better move cause you can shift even if you only have a keyboard.
    (i hope they include options for servers to force off assists, run full manual and force stock(or custom)setups)

14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i agree with you and i know the devs do too its just a matter of priority

15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Are you serious?

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    come on people, be nice to each other!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    and as mentioned currently we only support handbrakes only on the hill climbs and correct cars and not on the racetracks, this limitation might chance in the future but its not super high on the pro list afaik.

• Agree Agree x 1