Andi Goodwin & mods, where is my race? TY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amg_aku, May 11, 2021.

1. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Well, I am a bit confused... Just finished 3 races (Tatuus, Audi TT & Tatuus again) and the one done with the TT does not appear in my ranked stats.

Let me show you this...

Races (look the time, is GTM+2 here):
    [​IMG]

My stats:
    [​IMG]

Start line:
    [​IMG]

Finish line:
    [​IMG]

About the TT race and the 2 screenshots, very disappointed because I finished the Qualify as the 3rd best chrono and without knowing why, I started the race as the 25th. Despite this, I ended the 6th, but no rewards arrived :(

Apart of this, the first race from today "gives" me 8 incident points, 3 of them for disconnecting. OK, In the first lap I had a crash and the engine blowed up, so I did "ESC" to the pits. Next, it's impossible to restart the race, so what it's supposed to be done? Stay in pits until the race end? I didn't have other chance than disconnect and start another race... why this punishment? The minus rating point are OK, but the reputation ones? I think it's excessive.

As I said in another post, I think the gain/loss points rule is unbalanced :confused:

Merci et bonne semaine.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Fair point...

3. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great contribution.

4. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello?

5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Hello.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you did your job well instead of answering nonsense in the forums, this problem would not have occurred.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Well, the only one I have. It wasn't a negative one.

It's not like I can fix your race problem; I haven't even heard of that happening.

• Like Like x 1
  8. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry ;)

It's the first time for me too... As @Andy always asks to be notified of incidents, it is for that reason I launch the warning expecting does not happen again to anyone else. That is why I wrote the thread and tried to retrieve the maximum possible information.

What I least expect is that someone (who is also a beta tester) comes in and mocks the situation, because I don't care about the points and the race (I get them back in a couple more), but clearly it's a bug and they should take it seriously.

Even those who disagree/dislike my reply to Olaf could have the same problem in the future, so instead of trying to seek the "moral approval" from him, think twice about what happened because this is a game for which a significant amount of money has been paid (I at least) and as such a serious and adequate service from the staff should be expected.

9. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Short research:
    Race happened and is counted in Ranked for all the other drivers.
    Shortest explanation: Internet connectivity issues on your side or some weird stuff in Ranked not found yet.
    That why it is still in a BETA phase. There's always stuff that needs to be tweaked and fixed.
    As a Beta Tester, I usually test stuff the very nice devs want to get tested or drive like every other player. It is not my job, I don't get paid for this (as it is the case with all the other testers-some of those are really good in what they're doing.). Ranked is open Beta. Every player can help improve the system.
    Maybe try a more friendly approach next time and you'll get the replies you ask for quicker :)
    Have a nice day!
    Greetings

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    First thank you for your reply, even if it is sterile: I compete in other games in a PRO manner, I monitorize my 2 Gbps fiber connexion and in this case any connexion issue was reported. So, cause discarded, feel free to try to find another one.

I know is a beta, that's why I lose my time here opening "a ticket" instead of past it.

About my unfriendly approach... can you tell me where in my firts post I was unfriendly? If later I became more serious was your fault, not mine.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Oli just said hello to you and you spat a piston
    Masqureader agreed with part of your post and you came back sarcastically
    Your post has been up but a day and it descending into chaos ,
    Olly offered two options possible disco your side possible server glitch our side ,
    And im sure olly would have asked about the server side
    You shoot him down
    Im on holiday looking at the sea , palmtrees swaying in the breeze , a cold beer some wierd german paprika crisps ,
    Yesterday i was 2400 metres up a volcano , the night before that i had an amazing tapas ...
    I might go to the swimming pool before meeting my parents for drinks this evening ,

You may ask why im typing this , well it was to show that even testers and mods have lifes , and if they dont get back to you within a nano second dont worry
    Also as you can tell from my text , im chilled out , so think of that sea breeze , the palm trees and the beer and do the same ... chill a bit please

Andi

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    First of all, enjoy my land, don't forget to visit the Cave of the Wind, Masca and Cliff of Giants.

Second, if I asked for your help specifically was because thirty minutes before my post you was answering another user, so how do you want I supposed you was in holidays?

Third, I manage a 100M .com multimedia company and usually a bug does not affect only one user, so I supposed you wanted to be on notice ASAP. Excess of zeal on my part, or perhaps being a little naive to think that there would be the same interest on your part.

Four, I was not sarcastically with @Maskerader but probably the problem was to didn't insert a smiley after my answer. As I told him, no problem at all and if he has been offended, my apologies to him. Won´t going to apologize to Olaf because I don't think his answer was professional, even if it's not his job or doesn't get paid for it. If you accept a responsibility, you must act accordingly.

Regardless of these points, as I say before was not an inet conn. issue, so if your techs need more help from my part, logs or even remote access to my computer, feel free to offer them my help to find the problem.

Enjoy your holidays.

13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Thanks , can you drop the game log and the mw transport file , from the race that went missing , it may start before and finish after the race time ...
    Here

Andi

14. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sure, here you have them.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings: