Anybody try fixing a DFGT Wheel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M. Gordon, Feb 19, 2016.

1. M. Gordon

M. Gordon Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am really pissed. I bought this wheel on ebay, new in box about a month ago. Worked great. In between races it lost connection to pc. Can't get it connected. Did some research, some said it was bad power supply. Bought a cheap power supply with same specs. Still doesn't work. Center wheel light blinks but not seen by my pc. The usb ports are good, tested with usb sticks. Seem like some sort of fuse, capacitor, or something else has failed. Anyone ever have an issue like this and cracked the case open and able to fix this wheel? Thanks.

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Try starting the game without the profiler running (completely shut down) if you are using it. Had a similar issue resolved this way with g27.

I'm guessing you tried unplugging and plugging back in, different usb ports, etc. Avoid usb 3.0

3. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    you could also try it on different system to determine whether you should be looking at the wheel or somewhere else ..

4. M. Gordon

M. Gordon Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I opened the case and checked the circuit board. Didn't see any bad capacitors. I disconnected the pins that the usb goes to and reseated them, it started working for now. Hopefully that holds.