Anyone here with RSeat + Fanatec Shifter?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boskapongen, Apr 5, 2017.

1. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Anyone here with RSeat RS1 + Fanatec Shifter? Problem i am having is that arm that holds the shifter is moving and is not solid at all. The arm is attached to the seat base and the hole seat is moving left and right, very annoying...(not my pic)

[​IMG]

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sorry don't own said seat so can't help but to get thread moving * Sarcasm imminent* perhaps it's because your shifter is attached to the wrong side of the seat! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've got an rSeat RS1with the Fanatec Clubsport Shifter attached to it. I made two videos to show how the seat movement is like. One video with me sitting in the seat and one without me.

Watching the videos I was a little surprised how much movement there is on the shifter arm. Actually driving (especially with the Rift) I don't notice this movement at all. Perhaps this is because the FFB of the CSW is shaking the seat a lot itself. The movement of the shifter arm doesn't bother me at all, as I have written, I haven't even recognized it that much.

I added some photos so you can see how the shifter is mounted to my seat.

Attached Files:

4. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Great post! Thanx, thats exactly like mine does. And yes, its sligthy better when I sit, coz its the seat that causes the movement.
    I was thinking to install a extra metalplate on the inside of the seat base where the bolts for the arm goes....

Its more irritating in H-Shifter mode(side movements) then Seq-mode(only forward and back).

5. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the idea/solution with an extra metal plate will help. It's not the arm (mounting) that causes the movement, but the seat sliders that have some travel. I think the only way to get rid of it would be to do a "hard mounting" of the seat on the rig, without the sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Afaik, R-seat's newer shifter holder solves this (known) problem.
    It should fit your rig.

• Like Like x 1