Question API - Laptimes...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mich Angel, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I wondered for as long as I can remember being a Raceroom geek, why isn't all API data including lap times saved with the replay. For me replay isn't just a fancy video recording of your driving I use it to see where I can improve my driving. I wish this could be added in some way or at least the option in setting to activate if you want all data or just video to be recorded. Think that would also be of a lot of help for those who make videos of race and can't live record and broadcast, for another example where it is usefull like over a dispute of a laptime would be solved very fast by a recording of such and so on.. :D

Happy racing ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0

Standing up and waving a big red flag, race is stoped .... !!!

DEV. team.. Any comments, answers or thoughts to my question here?

3. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Great info about racerender there @gongo , thank you, and yea I understand that the size of the replay is a big source for some api data to be left out, but I can't figure out how or wy the sector,laptimes and position would do so much difference in size on a replay video so they have been left out as it is now. :D I am already using some third party programs to capture some data of a race but as it is always separated from the actual video it is of litle use unless I go thrugh the timeconsuming to fit it all together, but your tip there about racerender seem to bee what I am looking for going to take a thorough look at it asap I got the time. :D
    Thank you again for the tip there :D

4. Gordon McDonald

Gordon McDonald New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yup. It's now late 2021 and two more updates to RR, still no laptimes in replays.

5. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just noticed that you asked 5 years ago and still nothing... Yes, I love to have lap time and other info too.