Are leaderboards cleared once a year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pewe, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering since I can't find any older entries since mid/late december last year...?

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Normally they are cleared when there is some sort of update to car performance which makes older records invalid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering!
    Yes, I've seen that when the physics model have been updated for certain cars, which is perfectly fine and understandable (I cried a little though, when the FR X-17 times were wiped earlier this year. I had quite a few podium times which I'd worked soooo hard for...:-().

My original question was more about if the leaderboards (for some reason?) are cleared on a more regular basis, especially if it's done with short or even no prior notice. I started play R3E in february this year and at that time all the boards were pretty empty. The oldest entry I've seen is from (I think?) december 20 last year. That led me to believe that they want to start the leaderboards fresh every year.

I currently have many times on the boards which I don't want to disappear into oblivion. I haven"t found a way to extract this data in a manageble way from the game, so I started taking screen dumps of the boards, until I realized that this would take a LOT of time... The statistics states that I have more than 6000 entries, which can't be correct, but I think it might be at least a couple of hundred entries... The FR X-90 class alone generated around 175 screen dumps ;) and I have driven at least half of the cars on most of the tracks...

Anyway, if the leaderboards are only cleared because of updates of the physics model for a certain car or class, then I will stop panicking and take a rest from all the screen dumping work!

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There were some physics changes last year which lead to a lot of leaderboards being cleared.

5. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!
    That explains my misconception then.