Resolved Audi 90 messed up after update.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jenswul, Apr 1, 2016.

1. jenswul

jenswul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As announced, the Audi 90 has received some modifications in this last update. Problem is that the car no longer performs like the car I once decided to spend money on.
    The main issue is the low end power. The Audi 90 used to have an incredible low end torque, making it a king at AWD drifting. This was the main reason I bought the car. Now this "feature" is all gone.
    They have also disabled the option to adjust the differential settings for this car.

Another thing, that seems to be an honest mistake though, is that the default setup for this car on most tracks have a ridiculously high gear ratio. You can go over 200 km/h in first gear, but it takes half the clutch to get there.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's very important that you reset to the default setup, especially with those cars that were updated. Otherwise you get those wrong settings, like extremly long gear ratios.
    And don't forget to save your setup after resetting, cause it doesn't get saved automatically anymore.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Each time a car gets updated, it is always recommended to click the "reset to default" button on the car setup screen ;)

The physics get tweaked as does the default setup, and the old setups dont always get overwritten or cleared. Try this, and report back... it should feel quite a lot better ;)

Edit:
    :mad::mad: Grr, you are fast :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just a little less slow than you. :p

5. jenswul

jenswul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, now my gear ratios are back to normal.

The lacking low end torque is still bugging me though. The low end is so weak you can't even ride it on idle in first gear. Let of the gas, and it will slow down until it stalls.
    The power distribution between front and rear wheels also seems to be changed for the worse. Feels like it got too much power delivered to the rear wheels now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, these GTO cars with the turbo have an immense amount of lag where they are basically worthless when the rpms are out of their ideal range. Using the proper gear for each corner is crucial since you need to keep the rpms high enough and get that much needed torque to help accelerate the car.

These cars now require much more care when driving them and require you to actively think about your footwork on the pedals constantly as they are so sensitive to being bogged down when outside their ideal rpms.

I think in this respect, R3E simulates this fairly well. Not too many other sims have cars that bog down so heavily until the turbo kicks in and the rpms are in their proper range.

Try the Audi at Laguna Seca for a good time ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This was my favorite car untill now.. .:fearscream: :mad:
    The reset to default and the gear ratios made it better, but i really miss those loose tires and AWD power drifts!!.. . :(
    It feels a bit to pointy and grippy now..

8. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    After read this thread, i'm bought this car. OMG, why i didn't it earlier ?

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    yeah i also prefered the before patch version. It was a powerslide machine. Easy to get into a slide and easy to control. But with that said. When you watch the old video on youtube of that car i feel that it is now more realistic to what it seemed to be.
    So i am ok with that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Maybe more realistic?

(Havent had the opportunity to try myself yet)

11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Saw the interviews, videos... Seeing the car circle a temp course, they were on the gas hard, but I didn't see it sliding all over the place, like the old version.
    Hans Stuck comments (not verbatim)
    you had to be really really smooth in that thing.
    Car pulls you out of trouble
    Being difficult to drive at the limit

Initially, I thought it had - just a tad - too much rear wheel bias too. once I smoothed out my steering and throttle/brake inputs. Now, I can feel the car pulling me out of corners. And this new ffb sort of complements this car too.
    S3's interpretation seems pretty good.
    under the limit, the car has gobs of grip. Get to the limit and things get crazy.
    Where's this at the nordschleife?:eek: I just want to drive this straight to catch air! :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Might be that it's more realistic this way.
    I was looking forward to do a GTO championship now with the Nissan and Ford implemented on the grid, but I miss my old beast.. .

Will have to try to approach it with a clear mind set and hope to adapt to the new physics, and hopefully I will learn to love it once again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Will be interesting to see how the Ford is BoPped with two far superior cars to it in real life; guessing it's going to be a rocket in a straight line.

14. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'm just thankful they expanded the GTO class. It's such a niche class, considering the majority of players using R3E is in Europe. Not sure how big IMSA was in Europe back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1