Audi GT4 OP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Jun 1, 2021.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Just watching the ADAC race. The top 26 cars are Audis. This can`t be right?
    Actually, might be GT4, I didn`t see the start.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    At Zandvoort it was an AMG cup so tracks play a part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, you can't base BoP on the experience at just one track. Each car will have strengths and weaknesses that suit each track differently. If all cars were identical at every track then there would be zero point in having different cars at all... every class would be a silhouette series.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you can, and the devs regularly apply track-specific BOP in multiplayer and competitions.

Untitled-1.png

5. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I don`t understand these replies. Isn`t this a race series? If so, it means that out of 30 drivers, 26 think the Audi outperforms the other marques on all - or most - tracks, not just one. The single BMW, KTM, Porsche and Lotus were nowhere.
    Quite apart from anything it means that the GT4 class in this series is effectively a one make affair.
    Also, it was really weird and offputting seeing about 15 cars on track with exactly the same livery.
    I won`t be watching it again.
    The main race was OK though.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think the replies are all on point except I was confused as I thought it was a GT3 race hence the Zandvoort reference. On the same track in GT3, the Corvette was more popular. On ranked servers it is possible to BOP the cars per track by adding ballast or reducing power but this being an Esports, perhaps they are not in the rules to do that after people have selected their car.

There may also an element of confirmation bias and FOMO when you see the fastest time done by a car then you choose that one too.

One final point is race management. In GR5 the Greenwood should be the fastest on a lot of tracks but very few people can do a string of consistent fast laps without crashing so for a race it might be quicker to choose a Capri or BMW even though one lap pace is slower.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  7. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I didn`t realise my mistake until it was too late. I couldn’t tell which class it was because of all those Audis, and there was no on-screen cue saying it was GT4. Obviously, I couldn’t edit the thread’s title, only my original post.

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

Done

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi

10. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think the Audi isn´t overpowering anymore after the Bop update. The people were just used to driving the Audi from before. If you look at the new competition GTR4@Nordschleife24h it is Porsche CS MR, Porsche Cayman CS MR, Audi, BMW, Audi, Lotus, with a KTM in 9th place and a 718 Cayman in 10th, so pretty evenly spread. Well done S3!

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    If you look at the rule books there are race by race BOP provisions, GT3 is done but GT4 is empty due to recent RRE patch BOP. Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 09-55-12  20[...].png

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this is a fitting example. NS is a very special track, it requires much more from a driver than other tracks, so the results are less dependant on the car's "speed".

13. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking more from a spectator`s point of view than a driver. Watching 26 identical cars with identical liveries isn`t much of a spectacle, in fact it`s just confusing. I realise there are sponsors and all, but still, not good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It's also perhaps that the people feel the most comfortable in the Audi and not the other cars. Outside of this, the point @Vale made on FOMO and confirmation bias is excellent, since fast times means that people want to drive it more because they think they will be faster. As for the liveries @nickh158 maybe the drivers just like that one livery?

15. Kalanur

Kalanur New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't care if everyone is in the Audi or the same car but the liveries are a real problem in my opinion. The livery is the first and most obvious identification of a driver in a race broadcast. If many people drive the same livery it feels like the driver is disconnected from the viewer and it's also confusing. It feels more like watching a race of bots right now.

It is also a problem when you drive yourself because you can't really seperate the other drivers when all of them are driving the same livery.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    As liveries sometimes have to be official for licensing reasons, this is not simple unless you allocate them first come first served ad have enough of the same car to cater for all racers.

I think that custom race numbers and our own driver names on the cars would be an acceptable compromise and something a lot of us have been asking for for ages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There was definitely more than one livery being used by all those Audis...

18. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Hyperbole o_O. But there were about 15 with the K&W livery.

19. Kalanur

Kalanur New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also guess it's because of licensing and sponsors and stuff like that but other games and sims like ACC or even F1 have custom liveries in their game for multiplayer.
    And you are definitely right: the race numbers and own driver names would greatly improve the experience for drivers and spectators. It's always annoying to read another person's name in your car like you just stole it from another drive.

• Agree Agree x 1