auto clutch perfect start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XXVI Sol, Jul 23, 2015.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    playing with auto clutch gives a big advantage against clutch players in the standing start,All i have to do is rev the engine and wait for the lights.In case youre wandering why some guys slingshot in the start this is because auto clutch helps u make the absolute perfect start with no effort.
    Now the right way imo is like it is in single race,where the car can move before the lights so you must use a clutch or u get a false start
    of course using a button for clutch isnt the same thing but u can tweak the dead zone and sensitivity to get a better result

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no if you rev the engine it drops the clutch in exactly the same way it does if you turn it off. zero difference you still have to modulate wheel spin with zero aid (all in get realmode). do it exactly the same without autoclutch the engine will not stall off the line. and if you shift after the lights auto clutch slows you down substantially.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Currently in multiplayer auto clutch is a pseudo-advantage because you can't currently move before the start. As far as I know this was implemented as a hotfix not long after the dedicated server patch to address some issues. In single player you can see the way it is ultimately intended to be where, even with auto clutch on, if you shift into gear before the start your car WILL roll and you can get a false start.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What S3 should do is to implement randomly changing startlight sequences (as in reality) cause once you are adapted to (and used to count in rythms - like a musician/drummer for example) its pretty easy do do a rocket-like start...I'm pretty good at this meanwhile...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    They should make auto clutch more like no clutch.
    Like downshifting, it's a lot easier to do with auto clutch without locking up the rear wheels.
    Also the ability to stall the engine even with auto clutch after a spin.
    And more smoother shifting if we let go of the throttle as with auto clutch off.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  6. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    [f5] if the car has seq you dont need autoclutch. I know I can race adac with no clutch or autoclutch and turing it off stops it from coming on in slow corners.

7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hint.
    But many times when I have time to play, I don't have the time or energy to bring out my G27.
    And I don't want any extra assists in addition to the auto clutch just because I play with the 360..
    Cause that's what it feels like when comparing the game with auto clutch on / off.

And I don't want to play with mechanical damage off either.

8. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I get great starts when I use manual clutch and hold the clutch pedal a little bit before releasing it. after the start I press F5 to switch to auto clutch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    if the car has a sequential the tranny shouldn't get damaged with auto clutch off.

10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but there is a lot of other cars that will, and I just don't want other "assists" going in with auto clutch on Get Real..
    I mostly drive the old hogs. ;)

The only way I can experience them fully is with both auto clutch and mechanical damage off.
    But for someone that wants a more in depth damage model implemented, racing with mechanical damage off isn't that thrilling..

11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The problem I see with auto clutch is that we need it in game because not everybody has a controller with a clutch. Would be quite unfair if they couldn't finish a single race because their gearbox gets damaged every time.

But this leads to almost everybody using auto clutch, because if you clutch manually (footually?) you will have a big disadvantage. That's the reason why I still use auto clutch although I have a clutch pedal. I'm not really happy with it, but I don't see how I could be competitive with people using auto clutch when I need to use the left foot for breaking and also for clutching. Breaking with the right foot is also not a possibility because you often need to balance the car with break and throttle at the same time in racing.

Another way to do this might be like in GTR/2/Race07. There just was no damage to the gearbox due to not using a clutch. But the car was harder to control on both up- and downshifts. Also not a perfect solution I admit. I never used auto clutch in GTR/2/Race07. But I didn't clutch manually either (apart from start)... ;)

Another problem is also the modelling inside RRRE. Some gearboxes just shouldn't take damage from not using a clutch, but they do. Even the 1992 DTM Mercedes had an H-pattern gearbox that could be used without clutch. And I think most modern racecars with sequential gearbox (be it paddles or stick) can be driven without clutch (apart from start).

It's hard to find a perfect solution for this I think.

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    AI are very slow from a standing start, they need improvements its like their reactions times are 0.5secs behind us, but agree with auto clutch you just fly of the grid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As it is now we can just hold down full throttle and shift up with auto clutch, if they make it so that we have to let go of the throttle on upshifts it would even things out a bit with manual clutch.
    And also make it feel more immersive and real.

And also get it to bite a bit more on down shifts, so that we have to be more careful not to down shift to fast.

And I would also like the ability to stall the engine with auto clutch after a spin / crash.
    I think auto clutch should just make a smother transition from neutral in to first gear, with a bit slower start as a result.
    And then feel like when we have it off.

It felt better in Race 07 imo.

14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This would be fixed with random start lights.
    It's just a matter of timing, otherwise it would be an disadvantage with auto clutch.

15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Full throttle off the line is not the way to start, even with auto clutch.. You still have to get the throttle and up shifts right for good start. You will either spin up, or bog down if you don't.

I too would like random starts, but false starts aren't in server races anyway..

16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes that's true.
    But I meant up shifts in general when I wrote full throttle, not on race starts.

Didn't know that, thanks!
    Then they need to implement that in MP as well along with random starts!

• Like Like x 1
  17. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Ah okay man.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Didn't realize you didn't realize that. both with and without the clutch to get the best start put the car in first before the line and put in the correct amount of throttle. I hope false starts are put in the game soon too. then auto clutch will have a big disadvantage. (unless they use the [f5] trick)