Problem AVM FritzBox Update 7.20

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bavarian_Firebird, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

two days ago AVM released a new OS Update for their router series. 7.20 is downloadable for FritzBox 7590 and the Cable Router-model first.
    AVM implemented a lot of new stuff mostly under the hood. Stuff like WPA3 encryption for Wifi networks and a better configuration for Mesh-Wifi-Networks.
    7.20 also brings a faster DSL-protocoll implementation. And this is where the trouble could start. If you, like me, reside on the country side and your VDSL is more or less "wobly" you may experience a lot of resyncs after the update. I had this starting next morning. Every 1.5 minutes after establishing sync, VDSL drops and resyncs for at least 3 minutes.
    Solution is to go to troubleshooting within the DSL menu and enable "old DSL protocoll". That forces the router to use the DSL protocoll from the last OS version. I did it...its stable again and I dont feel any difference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Also: let WPA 3 switched off if you dont need it. "WPA 3 + WPA 2" mode caused connection issues on all of my devices.