Bathurst 333 | Sunday 02/02/20

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Simon Fillingham, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Gridmail has been sent to all drivers who responded to the email invitation. Please contact me if yours does not arrive.

A total of 208 drivers; 136 x GTR3 & 72 x GTR4 will run in the Bathurst 333 over 6 servers. The split being 23:12 in server 1-5, and 21:12 in server 6.

Qualification has been changed from a 20 min open session to a 15 min close/private session. This will ensure all drivers get clean laps to set their best time.

Live stream is set to start at approx 18:30 CET on Sunday. Catch you in the chat!

• Like Like x 1
  2. jab67demons

jab67demons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I have tried to register but see this message. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    the registration/qualify period has ended

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    To help us learn with probably the most dangerous part of the race on Sunday, I've opened an unofficial short race server, with the idea of having short races to practice the start where there will be a lot of other cars in close vicinity. Server is setup as the practice server in terms of assists etc.
    Server Name: Unofficial Bathurst Race Start Practice
    No Password
    Practice: 5min Quali: 5min Race: 15min
    The server will be live all weekend until the race start, so all are welcome to use it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  5. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    20200201_073134.jpg 20200201_073157.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Daniel Waddell

Daniel Waddell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the race a day later than last year?

7. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    1 yr later :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Daniel Waddell

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No is it on 5 am Sunday or 5 am Monday in Australia?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Driver list for the Bathurst 333.

(apologies for screengrabs, all I have time for!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Sunday evening in Europe is Monday morning in Australia.

11. Daniel Waddell

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. It's a bit disappointing I'll have to miss it. I have to work

12. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    hi all
    Unfortunately it was not fast enough to get the # 1 Server ticket.
    See you at # 2Server!

I'm practicing to make a great race!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Drivers,

Please have your wits about you for the Bathurst 333 and be realistic in your expectations.

FULL damage is on and there are many places where walls are the track limits in high-speed areas of the track. You hit the wall and you can very easily pick up damage to your car. Which leads on to the point...don't expect a clear track every lap! Car's may well be limping with suspension damage or punctures and on the mountain you will know little about it until you are on them. So please, pay attention to the track flags that are shown. They are only visual (no penalties applied) but they are shown for good reason so heed their warnings. Also, use CrewChief who will advise you where to be cautious and also look at the track map - static red dots means trouble ahead!

The race is for nearly 2 hours. After Quali, throw your 1 lap pace away and concentrate on finding a smooth rhythm that you can repeat for 333km so you can bring your car home. Don't get caught up worrying about people overtaking you in the opening few laps, you have nothing to gain by overdriving your car. The longer the race goes on and you are still running consistently, the better your result will be.

Have fun out there whilst beating the mountain!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody,

looking forward to it!
    Only Server #1 will be streamed, right?

15. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else in agreement that the timing of this event is about a week too late or early? Don't doubt I'm well up for the race, but also wanting to watch the whole or most of the 12 hours of the actual race. Combining the two aren't a cocktail for success on the mountain. In the future maybe it's better suited to run RaceRoom special events a week before or after the actual races they emulate. Just a thought for future special events and I hope there are many.

16. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Max. Just server 1 being streamed. I haven't heard of anyone streaming other servers.

@Nakamuza the Bathurst 12h finishes at ~08h GMT. Thats 12h before the B333 race starts.

17. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @Simon Fillingham that's true but as a new parent those hours are not sleepable :p Still super hyped for the race and well up for the challenge of the mountain. It's gonna be epic.

18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Better than last year when you wouldve had to miss watching the real life race to take part in r3e and i dont see any problem with the timing this year. Ill watch until hour 8, then slerp for 8 hours, then watch the remaining 4 hours and then id still have some 4 hours for breakfast and training and what not (if i were to take part)

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Cant help but wonder who on here loves pickles so much that they decided to create this special event ;) :D

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Nakamuza

Nakamuza Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze The race is 12 hours, how will you watch 8 hours, sleep for 8 hours then watch the remaining 4? :D
    I'm just taking comparison from other simulation titles where the digital events are a different weekend to the actual weekend. It's not a criticism just an observation and a query.