Being Like Sony

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Tooma McLaughlin, 29. Oktober 2017.

1. Tooma McLaughlin

Tooma McLaughlin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I want to buy a track, but I can't just pay for the track, like I used to, because of your greedy Sony type system of adding money to the Steam Acc.This is very annoying. Please go back to charging the correct prices.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Why not by vRP directly from Raceroom?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tooma McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is that not a similar system Paul? Previously when I have bought cars and tracks I have simply paid RaceRoom the exact asking price. Now, when I try to do that I am fired into Steam to add funds to a wallet, so my track costing £2.62 becomes a minimum of £4 and they hang onto the change. I prefer to simply pay the price of the item. I find the wallet set-up a sly way of working.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    True enough, although 'sly' is a mite strong.
    Pretty sure it's just the way expansions work through Steam, and has more to do with Steam than S3.

That said, as much as I like Raceroom, the payment- and rebate-systems are unnecessarily complicated.
    IMO (as always)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    With the vRP you buy a pack, there are several, in your currency. That pack is attached to your account. You pay for the item you want with the vRP, the remainder of the pack sits in your account until you want to buy something else.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    By the way, I think Steam lets you pay a custom amount, but the price has to be higher than a lower limit (maybe 5€ or 10€).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, any game on Steam that uses Steam Wallet has a $5 minimum in the US if you dont already have any money in your Steam Wallet. This isnt an RR issue, but a Steam one. Same thing if you use the Playstation Store, as that also has a $5 minimum. Above this threshold though, you can pay the exact amount.

So, you can either add $5 to your steam wallet, so you can have whatever isnt spent in this transaction to use in the future either in RR or anything else on Steam... or go to the RaceRoom Store and buy a pack of vRP that you redeem in game, and then can spend individually to your hearts content. This also gives you the benefit of getting a discount to buy your vRP this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    This is not a steam issue. The way in-game purchases work is set up by Steam, not by Sector3/RR.

I get that it's annoying, but don't blame the people who aren't to blame..

9. Tooma McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your input gents. What I want is simple; just to be able to pay for the goods/services I want, at the stated price, without having to faff about, and pay more using a "wallet" system. Zillions of companies work this way all the time, and I don't think "sly" is too strong. I first came across this playing GT with Sony's PSN - they still have money of mine, and many thousands of extra pounds gleaned from kids pocket money, which props up their finances quite a bit globally. This is the same kind of system.
    I don't blame Steam, because firstly, RaceRoom have agreed to the system, I am used to paying RaceRoom the asking price, directly to them, also, when I have bought directly from Steam I have had the option to pay them the correct amount. The wallet method is of NO benefit to the customer, that I can think of.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It never was possible to buy content for Raceroom below 4pound, 5$, 5€ directly via Steam without using Steam Wallet. If it is above that Price-tag you can pay the correct amount of money directly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It has always been like that. Nothing has changed in this regard since the game was launched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Under steam you can add a custom amount of funds (in this page) to your wallet before doing your purchase under R3E. Each of the Steam presets calls a javascript such as javascript:submitAddFunds( 500 ) for 5.00€; . You just need to call your browser console and input that line with the exact amount instead of the preset, and you'll be asked to pay it. If you're willing to trust them, there are also 3rd party extensions that add a GUI for this page to accept a custom amount among other stuff (IIRC Enhanced Steam does it).

• Informative Informative x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 29. Oktober 2017
  13. Tooma McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info m.bohlken; I was unaware of RR's lower purchase limit. So, I can pick an add-on, rather than use the wallet.

14. Tooma McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OK, you are all loyal to RaceRoom, which I like, and you have convinced me that RR is not as mean spirited as Sony. Thanks again to all of you who responded to my post, and not even one aggressive AH in sight. I still don't like the wallet/purse system though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Its posts like this that restore my faith in humanity, after all the cockamamie BS one can read from disgruntled people on the internet. Good on you for apparent decency and reasoning skills.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tooma McLaughlin

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Cheers ElNino! Kind of you to say; you put a wee smile on my face. I too prefer the Scenic Routes.

• Love it! Love it! x 1