Question Best way to dial back the wheel torque

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Danny Michael, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I currently have 2 bruised ribs and the new FFB has some incredible torque that brings immense pain to my chest. Until my ribs heal I would like to know if there is a way to dial back the torque without affecting other forces? I'm under the impression that by dialing back the torque I also lose sensitivity across the board. Am I wrong, hopefully? FFB feels good so far, other than my physical condition which prevents me from enjoying it to it's fullest.

My wheelbase is a CSW 2.5 and I use Fanalab.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Reduce overall force then decrease linearity. This will make the highs lower but boost the smaller forces that have been scaled down.

Get well soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

4. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    After spending the day making adjustment after adjustment I ended up leaving everything on 100 in game and in Fanalab I have everything at 100 except for Overall FFB which is at 85. Drf at 0. No doubt tomorrow this will all change.

This is the first FFB I have ever used that has made me so aware that my CSW 2.5 is belt-driven. There is some sort of gyro effect that accentuates the belt-driven feeling. Almost feels like my belts are slipping, which they aren't. I'm not even close to clipping. I'd really like to try this on a DD wheel and see if it feels the same way.

No other sim's FFB makes me feel the need for a DD wheel. This might be an expensive update for me.