best way to start R3E - prefered packs buy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyR, Jun 10, 2016.

1. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hello everyone,

i am new in the game and like testing in F2P-mode a lot.

should i go now for ADAC 14 Experience for 9,99 bucks on the raceroom-hp or DTM Experience 13 or 14 in the ingame-shop?
    Which cars are more used in MP, or servers found from these two packs? (I have read that i must buy the cars cheaper again if i want to use them in MP).

another option for me is buying only the Nürburgring-legends-pack on steam (this marvelous track would be enough for me), because i have read there are many cars in it from prefered classes used in MP. Is this package steam-exclusive?

thanks for your advice

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    first of all.. you should buy the 7500 or 10000 vRP Pack from the raceroom Store to get an instant 35% discount.

Then i would buy GTR3 Pack and GT Masters 2014 experience.. you get tracks with it and then the european track pack. Tracks from the GT Masters experience must not be paid twice, they will be discounted once you put the european track pack into the cart! then maybe go for tatuus F4 or the Audi TT ... DTM 2015 Experience is also discounted at the moment and when you buy it it will be even more discounted because you will already own all the tracks from it.

The Nürburgring Legends is steam exclusive.. but you could start with it. When you buy content and packs afterwards in In-Game store the overlapping content of the Nürburgring Legends will be discounted of course. So you basically never pay for something twice.

maybe my tactic is too much because it's much content then, but that's how I did it. Now I have all the content and did not spend as much as you would think. if you want less content for the beginning just go for GT Masters experience or GTR3 and trackpack.. WTCC is cool either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Something to keep in mind, the Steam summer sale is going to start in a couple weeks, so the Nürburgring Legends pack will probably go on sale during then. Then it might be worth picking up ADAC 14 or DTM 13 from Steam as well during the sale. I don't know if Sector3 runs a concurrent sale for the in-game store.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thanks for your tips guys - thinking on steam sale: maybe the Nürburgring Legends pack is to new to be discounted- released in April

5. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest you wait a bit for the steam summer sale.
    The packs on steam often go to half price.
    Then consider the 2013 DTM pack which will be around $8 for the 3 cars and 10 tracks.
    It's the most bang for your buck and then when you use the VRP's in the in game store or web store
    the tracks you own will be discounted against any purchases that overlap.

Edit: man I type slow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The DTM 2013 Experience is 1200 vrp, with the 33% discount from buying a vrp pack, 8 bucks is the regular price.

7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Just a general comment, for online MP races I feel like I see DTM 2015 more than anything right now, or maybe GT3

Regarding fun factor, DTM 92 is awesome if you like full manual transmission cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Chocoloco
    you wrote 33% for buying a vrp pack - did you mean 35 % when purchasing 10000 Points or do i get 35% for every vrp pack?

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Discounts:

10000 vRP = 35% (100€ worth for 65€)
    7500 vRP = 33,4% (75€ worth for 50€)
    5000 vRP = 30%
    2000 vRP = 15%
    1100 vRP = 13,6%
    500 vRP = 10%

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you could put everything you want at the moment in the cart and let's see how many vRP it would be and how much money you would have to pay via steam. You don't have to place the order. then we can see if it's worth to get a vRP pack instead.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The ADAC 2014 pack for €9.99 is absolute bargain. it's what I started with

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    GT 3 cars plus Nords, Spa, Hockenheim, Monza and Red Bull Ring will pretty much cover the majority of MP events.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  13. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thank you all

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cant believe no-one has mentioned (maybe my slightly intoxicated eyes have missed it) GT3 pack + European track pack, bought with vrp purchased from the store, probably the best combination deal of the lot, from there i would buy individual car and skin based purely on test drives not on other opinions, GT3, you cant beat it for popularity online, no question, Euro track pack, 20 tracks including Nords WTF no brainer, test drives, group5 capri awesome, m1 procar, see Capri :) and i would also pick an old dtm92 car, late at night nothing else running, they always seem to have a session with a few drivers on. Modern DTMs idk, something about them i just dont like, cant get on with, imho or not so humble ;) they arnt that nice to drive, but that is opinion and mine and mine only.

Edit - GT3 pack + European track pack should be a pack in itself at a reduced price from the individual purchases, what an intro to RR that would be. Love the game hate THAT model, but lets not go there hey :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    So your saying you can spend 65 euro to get something for 8 bucks instead of
    just spending 8 bucks, to get something for 8 bucks. Cool:rolleyes:

16. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    another question about example Group 5 pack: if i only own 1 car with 1 livery of this package will there be in Singleplayer only these car with my only livery driven by the AI or will the AI-cars also have the other cars from the group 5 - package with all different liveries?

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    AI will always have access to all cars and liveries, even if you only have one car and one livery. :cool:

In multiplayer what's available depends on what the other players have purchased

It's probably worth focusing on acquiring more tracks first than every single car and livery.The European and US track packs are good value, especially as the former now includes Nordschleife. Some of the car packs are good value too, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JohnnyR

JohnnyR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    otherwise it would be really boring if every car in SP would be the same as the purchased one with the same livery ;-)

a general question about the raceroomstore:

there are many packages marked with a yellow discount percentage-symbol: is this a real discount or the normal price? example: "European Tracks 2999 and yellow - 68%"
    if my conclusion is right there is nothing really on sale at the moment and these are the normal prices.

after making some test-drives i have some new questions:

i have the feeling that the 2013 DTM cars let my FFB wheel "vibrate" much more on straights than 2015 DTM cars- i think in the case of DTM it's not possible to upgrade from 2013 to 2015 with a livery upgrade for 75 vrp - i need to buy the new DTM car or 2015 experience right? and if i buy one single DTM 2015 it's not possible to drive DTM 13 experience-mode with it right?

2 other questions about GT3 cars:

- are the ADAC GT 13, 14, 15 and GT3-class all having identical physics?
    and if not which classes are having the same?

- what are the most used/fastest GT3 in MP?
    i think of getting an old ADAC maybe 13 pack and upgrade some cars from this pack for 75 vrp with a livery to GT3 class for MP.
    if iam right i also get the actual physics upgrade for these cars with the livery upgrade?

thanks for your advice!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Yellow-Tags on the Packs are just the percentage that you save with buying the packs instead of buying every contained content in individual transactions.

If you are searching for good value for the money, you should consider the european Track-Pack and the GTR3-Pack. IMO you would save more instead of buying an ADAC-Pack before. An ADAC-Pack would just be interesting if you want to have that liveries or drive the Experience (ADAC14).

All GT3-Cars in R3E have the same Physics - so it doesn',t matter if you have an ADAC-Pack or the GTR3-Pack.

With the DTM-Packs it is a bit different. Only DTM15 has the latest physics. If you are new to R3E I wouldn't recommend a DTM-Pack below DTM15.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I think some of the cars are a a little faster than others in a straight line, but harder to handle, which could slow you down in other places. AFAIK, though, all of the cars in a particular class have a Balance of Power (BOP) applied to bring them closer together (but not the same) in terms of performance, though they do all feel different.

• Like Like x 1