News Big Grid Test Tonight! 19.04.2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Great work, guys...I got on at 11:30 Adelaide time , only 3 of us and I had to head off to bed after a few laps. Glad you could get the numbers for the test!

2. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    Some footage from tests)

• Like Like x 9
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ghost cars when >40 opponents apart, no particular issues here

But I got plenty of unusual junks in the in-between sessions :
    1) appcrash while joining a "Nurb-VLN" session" 22/24
    2) crash again by joining the same session but this time I had to reboot my PC as I got black screens. My dual monitors no longer received any signal from my graphic card.
    3) then error 12002 at the end of two other sessions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    @rad i guess it is my connection issue :confused:, hope we can do some test in DS instead of a P2P server then we can do a proper test for all the people who is across the pond with low speed internet :oops:

5. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Only 29 in tonights session but it was better than yesterday. No invisible cars.
    Seemed very stable but guess we need the full house to really give it hell.
    One thing that needs improving is my driving :/

6. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    No problems for me tonight in comparison to yesterday. Much more stable and no cars dropping out of the sky.

I can confirm that my driving was very consistent... as in crap on both days :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    So could you find something out about that issue (more than 40 divers the lags became unbearable) ?

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Bandwidth?

9. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think that would be too easy, because this wasn't the first test with bigger grids and btw now we only tested with 50 drivers.....99 is the goal....

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Processor occupancy :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    But it could be something in that direction... I've tried a dedicated server on my Notebook connected via WLAN. With more than 12 players it started to lag for most of the players. In my case it was something with the LAN-Connection or Upload-Rate that causes the lags. The CPU (4. Gen Intel I5) doesn't look very stressed.
    That reminds me to test it with a cabled LAN-Connection again...

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Most people underestimate the bandwidth requirements. Don't forget that the server needs to receive all relevant data from all clients and then all client data must be uploaded to every client, except the data for the client the data is sent to. So it's most probably not the download but the upload of the server that limits the number of players.

AFAIK RRRE changes into some kind of p2p-mode when two cars are closer together on the track. So that the traffic these two clients need to exchange doesn't need to be sent over the server. Still the server needs to know all data from every client. So when you're close to many other cars your client not only uploads to the server but also seperately to every client having a car in your close range. This takes a lot of upload-load from the server but adds it to the clients. And clients tend to have an even worse upload compared to rented dedicated servers.

Please someone from @Sector3 (@Georg Ortner, @J-F Chardon, whoever) correct me when I'm wrong here. Especially the p2p-thing is only my understanding from reading stuff here at the forums. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    those sounds.

How are they making them and why aren't the competition stepping up?

watching the wtcc 2 weeks ago i recognized the lada vesta screaming down the straight without watching the screen, just from memory of raceroom

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not sure where you wanted this one, 32 grid slots at the Nords, I was 32nd in and the lag was unbearable and eventually it crashed!
    Tried adding crash dump but apparently although a file for the date concerned was there, it's empty! :/

This one today, Nords again, also been having a strange one with the gearbox/engines blowing randomly, happened twice in the GT3 Nissan and twice in the V8 Radical and once in the Radical the engine just stalled, restarted but took me a couple secs to comprehend what was going on, fancy that might be first time ever this has happened to me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2016