Resolved Bitdefender Whitelist for Leaderboard Time Posting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by spektrograf, Nov 5, 2018.

1. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

Some of us who have been using Bitdefender as our end-point security application have run into this issue where with the latest update to Bitdefender 2019, our leaderboard times haven't been posting. It turns out that the Online Threat Prevention module has been blocking the RRR*.exe app from accessing the server.

After a remote session with Bitdefender's tech support team, we diagnosed it down to a few URL/domains to add to the Exception list. Bitdefender will be working on a formal fix in a future update, in the meantime, here's an immediate fix to the issue.
    1. Open up your Bitdefender control panel
    2. Click on "Protection" in the left nav
    3. In the "Online Threat Protection" module, click on "Exceptions"
    4. Add the following URL's to the list*:
      • mwapp.raceroomracing.com
      • game.raceroom.com
      • 176.9.136.146:80
      • 178.63.51.20:9000
      • 5.9.73.137:80
      • thecrewchief.org
      • 198.54.116.134:80
    5. Click "Save"
    6. Close the Bitdefender control panel and you're done
    * The domain "mwapp.raceroomracing.com" was the last one we added and it was the one that solved the issue as the ghost data is uploaded to that URL, so you might just be able to add that and it would solve the problem. We didn't remove the others that were added earlier in the session to isolate it. RaceRoom Racing uses the 176.*, 178.*, and 5.* URL's. I run Crew Chief, which uses the 198.* URL's.

Hope this helps those who have chosen to stick it out with Bitdefender, or want to go back to it. It's solid security software with a conservative approach to security with excellent tech support. It took them a few days to assign a support staff to my ticket, but once assigned, they were very responsive and accommodating to my schedule. I'm personally very happy with them and their products.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks. This was the solution. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Bit late for me, dumped BD back in November. They refused to acknowledge there was an issue and that it was down to a change by S3, sent them links to a couple forums where people were suffering and they maintained it was not a BD issue. Guessing enough people have now complained to bump it up the to do list a bit. Always the niche software users that suffer, yet we all have to pay the same o_O I'm sure losing my £70 a year won't bring them down but I do hope a lesson has been learned.

4. Gibbski

Gibbski New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this but it’s too late for me as well. I spent hours last weekend trying to figure this out. I narrowed it down to the threat protection but couldn’t be bothered to work out the URL’s. As my sub was up on the 5th I just ditched it and went Norton. So far so good :)