Break Pressure M235i

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vrjo, Feb 3, 2021.

1. vrjo

vrjo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I started raceroom about a month ago. My goals where the ranked servers and after learning the basics I started multiplayer this week. I had alot if fun finishing my fist ~25 races in ranked Sepang with the M235i this week. Omg I love that sim.

In the standard setup the 235i's brake pressure is only set to 95%. Since it's one of the few variables I am allowed to change in the setup I have few questions about it.

Most of the other cars (GT3 etc.) have set brake pressure at 100% standard value. Even if I go on 100% in the 235 I don't get any wheel lock since the abs is probably preventing that. Is there a good reason to stay at a brake pressure <100% with a car even though it's not locking up at all at 100%? Intuitively I would think the more brake pressure the shorter the braking zone as long as I'm not locking up.

Thanks for your input!

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Welcome @vrjo glad you like the SIM! As for the lowered brake pressure, this has no technical background, rather a historical one. It was defined as a user friendly standard at some point for all vehicles. So it's rather a leftover on the 235i's setup... So setting it to 100% is perfectly fine, since there's ABS preventing lockups per wheel anyway, like you mentioned.

Oli

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. vrjo

vrjo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Oli for this information, you helped me out :)

• Like Like x 1