Bug Bug in VLN Competition?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ozcanuck55, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I am getting a "Off Track warning-lap will not count" when driving after the last chicane of the GP heading to Nordschleife entrance. I am on the track at the time. Anyone else notice this...don;t really want to drive for 8.5 minutes with no result. It it from the pit entry perhaps?

2. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Just did another lap in "tourist mode" making sure not touch any curbs or go near the pit lane. Lap invalid. Please send me the 500vRp as compensation...ha ha.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  3. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Interesting...the VLN layout in Competition has the short cut right after Turn 1 onto the GP, the one on Leaderboards has the same cut off as the Sprint track(DTM). Both layouts give me a Off Track warning at the same place. Maybe I'll try a file validation.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Could you take a screenshot and attach it to show where you are getting the cut track warning?

Are you getting it in the final chicane of the GP track? Where you can take the formula chicane, or the faster GT cars chicane? Or are you saying you are getting a cut track after that area, where the GP portion meets Nordschleife?

5. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    This is after the last chicane and before where you go left to leave the GP track. I'll get you a screenshot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Just as you cross that line...see attached. Odd that it seems to be me....lots of others have posted times. I am running the Z4 with Georg's setup....maybe thats it!

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh yes, probably as I suspected then.

When using the VLN or 24 hr layout, that chicane isnt used. The faster version on the right is the one that is used.

You arent the first person that has tried using the left side of the NGK chicane and then got the cut track warning for trying to use it :p

See this video at 1:36. Then give it a try in game. There should be some cones there to direct you to take the faster version of the chicane, but they seem to have gone missing and this has been reported to the devs.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Ahh......no cones, indeed......just tried in Single Player race...in VLN, I take the first chicane and get the flag, on 24H, I am directed to the faster one and have no problem....thanks for that, I'll take the other, faster chicane in VLN as well..
    Edit: Thats it all right...no cones on VLN layout, if I go ahead to the faster chicane, no flag. I'm used to taking the first one on GP. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the cones are falling through the ground when you load the session, this can be seen on Raceroom Raceway for example.