Bug Report - ADAC 2014 at Nordschliefe - AI Ramming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamesr, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey Devs,

I've been running a custom championship using the 2014 ADAC cars. I know they're old, but I've had them forever and love the black Z4. The last stop in my championship was a 2 lap race at the Nordschliefe. I must have made 20 attempts trying to successfully race this and finally gave up - every time, I'd get crashed out by the AI via ramming from behind. It was immensely frustrating to be at the end of lap 2 and get put into the wall out of nowhere, never to recover.

I attempted to replicate this race with one of the GTR3 Z4s and was rewarded with an amazing, clean door-to-door battle with 24 cars on the grid. A couple of AI RUFs crashed each other out just before the Carousel, but I escaped unscathed.

Were the 2014 ADAC cars ever tested at the Nordschliefe? Is that series updated with the latest AI build? My guess is that the answer is no. There was a definite difference between the ADAC and GTR3 race in terms of AI behavior and smoothness.

In addition to the AI differences, there definitely appeared to be handling differences with GTR3 Z4 vs the ADAC version. It's as though the GTR3 cars are running on slightly updated physics vs the older ADAC cars. The GTR3 version felt noticeably more planted. Either way, I'll be running in GTR3 when I need a GT3 fix from now on for sure.

2. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Added to the bug tracker. Now we just need to pray someone gets around to tweak this.

• Like Like x 1