Bug Bug with ranked time penalties

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by V10_Dog, Mar 21, 2021.

1. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So in the penultimate lap of the ranked race i got a drive through penalty (counter was on 0.00, but it seems like 0.00 isn´t 0 at all, but ok), and i served it immediately. I did everything right, selected "drive through" in the pit menu and drove into the pits. The warning disappeared and even though i got the penalty i finished in P2...so i thought. Because when i looked a the results i was listed in P4 for some reason. What is going on? I lost a lot of rating because of that, can you delete the race from my history or something?
    B.R.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Wait a second, you don't have to go to pits because of a time penalty. Just lift the gas a little and wait till your penalty slowly degrease. The only penalty you have to go to pits are drive throughs.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yup, you get a time penalty for cutting the track and you must give back the time within a minute or so by slowing down compared to your rival´s time. On some tracks you have to give back a lot more time than the penalty says, especially if your rival is slow but that´s another debate.
    A drive through is for speeding in the pit lane, jumping the start and stuff like that.

4. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No no,i got a real drive through penalty. The time penalty was exactly at 0.00 but the game said i didn´t serve it so i got a drive through, that´s not the issue. The issue is, that after serving i still got some sort of penalty AFTER the race in addition to that.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Got you. There have been issues before wit serving drive throughs on the last lap. I wonder if the leader had already crossed the line when you served it - in that case it might not have counted and you got another penalty. Never happened to me so can´t say yay or nay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I WAS the leader. And i served it directly on the penultimate lap.