Bundle Purchases... Not really fair or cost effective.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabullfrog91, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Dabullfrog91

Dabullfrog91 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear Race Room, I am really dissapointed. I played the free stuff in this game and loved it. I think the tracks are great, the physics are realistic, and the cars nice and detailed. Therefore, my friend and I decided to purchase a track and car pack during the sale. We like to play online together. Keep in mind he would not have even purchased this stuff If I wouldn't have talked him into it and encouraged him to do so. Therefore, we both decided to purchase the WTCC 2013 championship. We had tried out some of those cars ( test drive is a great feature by the way) and decided they would be good beginner cars because they were easier to handle and not as fast. However, it is to my dismay that when I purchased them and we tried to hop online together to play, none of the 3 included tracks were available to play online with the WTCC cars and none of the free tracks were available either. So, I thought well crap, I'll just buy another track. So we did, we bought Mid-America because it was playing on one of the WTCC servers... After we had played 2 or 3 practice rounds and a race round, we exited the game because it was getting late. However, now that track is no longer playing on any of the WTCC servers... it was now four different tracks that I STILL did not own. This is not fair! I purchased the track and car combo pack assuming that it would give me the ability to not only play them offline but online as well. Why else would you bundle those three tracks with those five cars? I want to play the Suzuka or Monza track with the WTCC cars and not have to purchase a whole other car and vice versa. I already purchased a whole other track and now it looks like I will just have to purchase more if I hope to be able to play with my friend? Can you not get at least one of those servers online to be dedicated to one of the three included tracks in the WTCC 2013 pack? OR is this all a scam... a way for me to have to continually buy more stuff If I want to play this game? Is it not enough that I already spent almost 20 dollars on it thinking it was worthwhile? Please respond promptly either with a fix or a free track or something.... anything that will allow me and my friend to play online with the cars and tracks I just bought and he just bought. I like this game, and I don't want to be scammed. Sincerely, Jeremiah Samples, a very angry customer right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I understand your point completely.

Unfortunately, this is a result of a clamour on these boards to mix up the track selection due to them initially running only with the tracks that were in the pack (not long ago, WTCC servers were only running the tracks in the 2013 pack). Therefore, this is a consequence of time, but you are correct in what you say (IMO). S3 were in a bit of a lose-lose situation there, where they either frustrated people without a full set of content or people with all the content.

We should 'soon' have dedicated servers that will allow the community to indulge in whatever car and track combinations it sees fit, which will probably allow the public servers to return to running tracks included with the various packs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    The thing is, the servers runing with track rotation atm, so the track you just purcheased is still available, but you have to wait till the rotation gets there.

And please don't take it as an offense but:

1. If you would take your time and go through the forums or at least the update notes, you should know what is the current situation with the servers, so you could either decide to go or not go with the current options/limitations
    2. I'm not sure if you aware the fact, that the game is still in development stage, so many of the features are not working properly or as they expected (suggert again to dig a little bit before you make purchase, so you will not be disappointed)
    3. If something is not clear, cannot find it in the forum threads, or just too lazy to look for i would really appreciate if you would try to ask first nicely instead of starting to complain...

So again, please don't take it as an offens, but whining and complaining is not gonna fix anything. If you have questions i'm sure the developers and the other forum members are happy to do their best to answer...

;)

4. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    It'd be a good idea to have some servers that only rotate between tracks included with that categories' pack, for instance a WTCC server set up this way would have Suzuka, Monza and Hungaroring and a ADAC 2013 server would have Hockenheim, Oschersleben, Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Lausitz and Red Bull Ring. For a bit of variety, a few of the different layouts could be used, so there could be 7 possible layouts on rotation in the WTCC server.

5. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    i will pass ont he suggestion to the team, i think its what we did int he beginning, but then a change was requested from the community. Lets see if we can bring a better mix of packs/single content on servers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, but please make "SOME" the keyword. The reason we were asking for the rotation is because we have benn racing on the same Track/Car combo since months, and i have to say since the latest update we have had many fun races on the new combinations.
    However - especially for newcomers - would be nice to reduce the number of the tracks on some servers, so they don't have to invest that much initialy. Also would be nice to have some information on the serwer browser screen about the included tracks for each server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dabullfrog91

Dabullfrog91 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay,
    So first off I appreciate everyone responding so quickly to this and I apologize if I seemed whiny. However I did try to praise the game before stating my anger. I now understand whats going on here now. It makes sense that the community wanted a bigger rotation. Unfortunately, I just don't honestly have that much money to spend on the game right now so I am stuck with those three tracks and the Mid America track I purchased (plus the free ones). I agree with Drei and Stiggy that it should only be one of the servers that does this bundle only rotation, I just wanted one server to be able to play on with the cars anyways. What upset me is merely that I could not play online after I had just purchased the lot. So, hopefully this will be fixed with time especially since its such an enjoyable game. Thanks for all the explanations and responses to it. Its nice to know this is such an active community. Drei, I did look around on the forums initially, I just must not have looked hard enough or else yes you are right, I would have had my answer then.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    No worries man, i'm happy that you didn't go mad after my post. As i said i have had no intentions to harm you or anyone, just wanted to bring the current situation to your attention.

And hopefully dedicated server will be released soon (i guess Raceroom servers right now runing through the RC ded server software as testing before release....), so you will be able to start your own server on the prefered tracks (and im sure uppon release many public servers will come alive, so hopefully everyone will be able to find one for his/her taste)

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It's definitly right that you point out your problem. It isn't good for sure, that pack-owners like WTCC or ADAC GTM can't play their content consistently online and brings up some disappointment. But I think those things will change in future when Jay has talked to the Dev-Team.

But maybe you both should save some bucks to buy the european track-pack. That would be a good addition and contains a lot tracks that are often used in Online-Races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Aye, you made a good point in a mature way, and it's one many of us hadn't considered - no problem with that! Hope to race against you sometime :)

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Since i have all the tracks and always get them when they come out i didn't think about that.
    It is true that i have been trying to get my friend involved and come race with me online.
    This is a barrier i did not even think about.

Good post, Your point is 100% valid.

• Agree Agree x 1