Button connections lost during game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom-mainz, Mar 21, 2021.

1. tom-mainz

tom-mainz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

i m not quiet sure if this is the right thread but i would like to know if sb. experienced an similar problem.
    It happened for the 3rd time now, that during a league race (very annoying) in RRE the buttons of my (simucube) wheel went out of function. Steering and pedals (throttle and brake) kept their functionality.

When i go to options, there are still the allocations i made. But only when i assign the buttons again, they get their functionality back.
    Any ideas?

Regards

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Long shot windows drive replacing an old file.....

Andi

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Does that mean that the game reads files (and reapplies them) even while you're in a race?

4. tom-mainz

tom-mainz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So what can i do in future? Restart the game every ? minutes?

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Probably nothing but maybe something, i had this issue with two different usb converted wheel rims, one formula and one uni hub on an accuforce wheelbase.
    Would lose buttons, short out button presses and allsorts.
    Spent weeks looking, reconfiguring, reinstall, firmware install, you name it i tried it.

The shorting made me think loose earth wire somewhere, disconnected everything and connected one at a time till it re occured which it did, it was my printer, it has a metal base which was touching my 8040 frame, an innocuous two pin printer with no earth wire was causing my usb wheel rim buttons to short and fail randomly whenever i tried to use them, crazy, it had no effect on anything else, occasionally my screen would black out and back when connecting different usb items but didnt think it had any relevance to my button issue.
    Moved the printer, all is good.

Just putting it out there.