Bug Cadillac CTS-V.R

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gopher04, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Is it me or does it sound like predominantly the engine sounds like it's coming from the left, occasional it sounds like it's in the middle, but especially whilst accelerating it all comes from the left, all other cars are fine, it's just not centred.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I had similar problems with other cars(honda wtcc for example) and they are mostly fixed now. Do you also have an older soundcard?
    I need to test the caddy to see if i hear the same.

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    All the rest sound fine, just the Caddy, just put up my sig, I use a Asus Xonar D2.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Kinta

Kinta New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here. Only Cadillac, other cars are fine. My soundcard is Sound Blaster Z.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed the same issue mentioned here.

Im curious though, what sound settings are you guys using in game? Are you guys using headphones and then in the Options>sound settings menu, are you also using "stereo?"

What about for those of you with appropriate hardware, do you notice this with 5.1 channel audio? Of course you will need true 5.1 channel speakers to test this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kinta

Kinta New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    nate,
    Thanks for mentioning the in-game sound settings. I missed out in my previous post.
    Yes, I am using headphones and the in-game setting is "stereo".

• Like Like x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling that the engine sounds are just panned to the left channel too much, instead of being 50/50. All the other cars I have used in the game are just fine. Even the background sounds like tire screeches, passing through a tunnel and catching all the air whooshing by, all the ambient sounds, etc... those all sound fine to me in the cadillac.

Im sure the devs will make a note of this and check it out shortly.

I tried this out on headphones and a 5.1 setup, and to me, it just sounds like the stereo mix is goobered up. The 5.1 mix sounded relatively good to my ears. Did an MP race with 5.1 and didnt notice anything unusual, and after seeing this thread I tried out headphones, and sure enough, it was rather apparent that something was off.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Jsood

Jsood New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here and it only with the Caddy.