Camera shake, wipers and bonnet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hi R3E, I like the way how the wiper is shaking at the BMW B6. Really cool. It give you a good sense of speed. In YouTube I saw that the bonnet is also shaking quite a lot. Is it possible to achieve this effect in raceroom as well? A bit of camera shake is also nice especiall for replays. But way to soft. I think the vibrations of the cam should be stronger in terms of frequency, harsh. Imagine the Karussell at the Nordschleife :) Perhaps this is something to take into consideration for the future :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    oddly enough the whipershake is not in every car implemented. A pity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Was about to say something about what's the point of the wipers without weather, but you're right and this would be cool and hopefully not too hard. Wipershake to the people!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    you mean rain, mist, night, fog :) on the Nordschleife huhuuu coool :) anyway, the vibrating wiper is cool, small details that makes it perfect

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No whiper shake on the Z3 GT3, Glickenhaus, Corvette and Ford GT3.

Just for example.

Why?

6. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    but on the WTCC 2015 Chevrolet Cruze it is shaking, a bit :) didn't noticed it until yesterday, because on the BMW B6 it is so visible
    in this video one can see how much the bonnet is vibrating (minute 4). awesome to see :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  7. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Everything shakes, rear view mirror, ventilation tubes, wires...
    In R3E most of the stuff is static, no moving paddle shifter or gas/brake pedal.

Doesn't give a good speed sensation and looks a bit cheap imho.
    Since most of the cockpits get recycled, DTM, its a bit lazy on S3S' side.

Would be nice to have cockpits with more detail/moving stuff, doesn't have to be FSX payware cockpit level, but the current cockpits look a bit too simple.

But to be fair most race games have crappy cockpits imho, Assetto has the best cockpits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Nice Alpina video. I notice a distinct lack of terrible red dots on the hood making the car bloody ugly to drive in cockpit view there. :p

9. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    indeed, the cockpits are looking horrible cheap in R3E. Let's hope for an major update and a step towards a new graphics engine in the near future. I like R3E mostly because of the best sound of all sims. It is shear driving pleasure :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO the interior of the cars aren't looking that bad. To be honest I was a bit surprised that there are some details after I get my Edtracker and was able to look around. But it is very notable that the interior doesn't use so much polygons. You can see that very good on the "air vents" in the Audi R8 - they aren't really round.

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't knocking the interiors in the game at all ( insert my generic rant about generic displays here ), but the Alpina has theese weird fugly red dots on the hood that really makes me hate the car.

12. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, In the latest updates (Audi TT RS) I realized that the wipers are vibrating now :) really cool. Thisis gives a intense feeling of the speed we are driving. How about a high frequency cam shake/vibration for cockpit views during replays? especially while driving over curbs :) these "stabilized" cams are looking unreal. OK, nowadays the cams in DTM cars are stabilized, looks like a game now :)