Can I get some clarity on damper settings please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Dandy Highwayman, May 14, 2018.

1. The Dandy Highwayman

The Dandy Highwayman Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    So preferably I'd like an answer from someone who works with the setups for sector 3, or someone who KNOWS the answer, not THINKS they know the answer.

So BUMP and REBOUND settings. Which is softer, and which is stiffer?

The setup ranges typically seem to go between 1 and 16 (I think, something like that)

So for BUMP is 1 the softest setting, and is 16 the stiffest setting?

And is the same true on REBOUND?

(also, if this could be clarified on the UI in game, that would probably help a lot of people, kthxbai xx)

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    In other sims you can also find 4 different damper settings
    slow bump / Rebound ( changes handling in sharp corners where the chassis "rolls to the outsite"
    fast bump / rebound (changes handling over bumps and curbs)
    As this questions was asked before, I think one of the S3 guys said that the Bump/rebound setting in R3E is like fast Bump/rebound in other sims.
    To answer your question ...
    low number for bump means: faster compression of the spring
    higher number for bumps means slower compression of the spring
    low number for rebound means: faster extension of the spring
    higher number for rebound means slower extension of the spring

I don't think that you can compare these settings with "soft or stiff spring setup".
    The settings of the dampers and the setting of your springs have to fit to each other, because they are affecting each other. Also damper settings are more of a fine tuning.
    Springs, toe, camber and anti roll bar have a much bigger effect on mechanical grip.

I hope that I could help you and that nothing of the things above are wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2