Question Can you change the view?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by webrevamps, Dec 10, 2015.

1. webrevamps

webrevamps New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For example, instead of incar view while racing, can you change it to chase, or overhead view? If so, how?
    Thanks!

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Go into Settings then Control Settings and look for DRIVING VIEW. Double click on the control and then put the button you want to use.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    By default it's insert, delete, page-up, page-down. Can't remember what they each do, just randomly bash them till you have the view you want

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Default bindings for keyboard are:
    • Insert: Cycles between Driving Cameras (Cockpit, Hood, Nose)
    • Page Up: Switches to Swingman/Chase camera
    • Home: Cycles between Action Cameras
    • Page Down: Cycles between TV Cameras
    There is also an editable keybinding in the Primary Functions section of the Controller Settings menu called "Driving View" which will allow you to cycle between the driving cameras and the swingman/chase camera.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    it would be nice to change the FOV for all cams in game. Especially for the cockpit cams. The second view is much to narrow. One can change it in the *.xml files but ... I believe we should mess around with those files. For certain cams we can already zoom in and out during the replay.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hi Hannes, it would be super if there was an option to bind these view keys to a wheel or button box just like we can the driving views.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    You can bind this can can options to buttons on your wheel or button box. There were so many cams in this game it is confusing. During a replay it would be nice to display the names of the cams in the replay menu. There are so many options, I have assign more buttons on my keyboard to move the can more up

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can bind all the cams to a button. Apart from the driving views I like to use the ones that are cycled with the home key but I have not seen which these are in the settings as no home key shows as being bound to anything.