Question cannot change race length to laps?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CragsterEagle, Mar 12, 2016.

1. CragsterEagle

CragsterEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone at Sector 3 When i start an offline Single player Race I can adjust the race length

But the only problem is I Prefer Doing "Laps" Like 3-5 -7 laps how come I cant change the race Length to Laps instead of 8 minuites of simulation

Please Impliment on race length that you can do "Laps" Like an actual Race because i dont want to constantly do simulations for 8 minuites Its ludicrus i just want to have about 5 Laps at least round the Track

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CragsterEagle

CragsterEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have a laps Option so i can do 5 laps as you can See here there are no laps options?

Attached Files:

3. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    At the moment you can only choose race lenght by time

4. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this right away and thought it was bit odd, but you get used to it :) and laps would be a good feature to add and I would imagine should not be difficult ? Strange it was never in as standard from the beginning though :confused:

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Many strange decision were made in the beginning. ;)
    It's actually already possible, in DTM Experiences, but the setting has to be "transferred" to RR and as long as there's more important UI-stuff to fix/introduce it gets postponed. But it will eventually be possible, I'm very optimistic about that. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. CragsterEagle

CragsterEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so i need to get a Dtm Experience DLC to access Laps?

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not exactly. In the DTM Experiences 2013 and 2014 you can set the race duration in laps, but that still only applies to races in those Experiences.
    2016-03-18 1137 0001.jpg
    But afaik laps should get introduced for RR Experience as well eventually.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  8. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi

We'll add the option so you can choose whether you want lap or time based in the near future.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  9. CragsterEagle

CragsterEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you i would like to do laps as soon as i can

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Can we get the option for both at once? If I create a championship where I want to do 10 laps and if I have the norisring and green hell in the championship then one race might last 8 minutes but the other 80 minutes. A maximum time limit would sort this out.
    Just like in f1 where each race is for a specified number of laps but there is a 2 hour time limit.

11. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Is there any update on this feature? I found this a strange one at first. It isn't the end of the world of course, but in conjunction with maybe a bug in DTM, the unknown number of laps for a race can have a big impact on your fuel requirements.

I ran out of fuel using the default settings in the DTM experience on the final lap, most likely after the time had run down to 0, but of course you need to then finish your current lap.

12. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    No update on this particular feature I'm afraid.

This feature is currently linked with a bigger feature/change we intend to do soon. We haven't started on it yet but it'll happen in the near future.

• Like Like x 1