Resolved Cannot record video footage from competitions's replay file

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Adam Jonas, May 15, 2016.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I entered the ADAC GT Masters 2015 - Spa-Francorchamps competition. I wanted to record my fastest lap from replay, but the game doesn't load it because of 'Content server error'. I used the Bentley on that lap, which I didn't buy yet.

Is it impossible for the game to load the replay file because I don't own the Bentley?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Think so.

3. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Okay, and what about the new Mercedes AMG DTM? I can't open that replay either. (While last year I could open the replay files during the V-DTM.)

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    For some reason you need to have content even if you want to watch replay. It doesn't make sense, but it's how it is. Hope they will change this.

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I would have thought that it doesn't work as long you don't own the content... You sure you could during the first DTM comp and aren't remembering the winter cup (at which the cars had already been released)?

6. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0

Every video you can see captured during the V-DTM competition, and not during the Winter Cup.

It makes no sense for me that people can't open a free competition's replay file.

The main question is, when....maybe soon? LOL.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't doubt what you're saying, just saying how I think it works and that it doesn't make much sense that it worked back then but doesn't now. You sure you were recording those via the replay menu and didn't use the instant replay funtion while on track (which should still work)?

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You also can't open replay files from other people if don't have said car or track.

I guess it worked for V-DTM, because cars weren't in store at that time.

9. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm sure. I use Shadowplay to record videos, which usually turned off when I'm playing. (I mean, there's a switch in the GF Experience, with which you can turn it on and off.) When I set a good lap, I exited the game, opened GF Experience, turned on the Shadowplay, started the game again, opened the replay file, and I was ready to record the lap.

10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Slowly we are going into that way you should buy every single car/track if you want to join a server....

11. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Nothing official statement about that?

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not on a weekend and certainly not on Pentecost weekend.
    Take it easy...

13. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Your theory that you're unable to open the replay file due to not owning the Bentley is correct.
    This is the way this system has always worked.

The reason you were able to open your replays from the V-DTM was that the participants in that series were added to a special user group that were given that content for free. This is not the case with the current competition.

14. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    As has been said, you can't open a replay when you don't own the content (car or track).
    So if you want to record your laps, than press "R" and start the ingamereplay.
    Now you can start your record without owning the content.

15. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I know that solution btw, but before it I thought I would be able to record it from replay.