Problem Can't bind left trigger on Xbox One controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TheAdmiester, Nov 5, 2016.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I haven't played Raceroom in a while, so I have a feeling something may have changed with input in a patch.

Basically, before I stopped playing, my controller worked perfectly fine, I had the left trigger bound to brake as anyone would with a racing game. The way the triggers work is that (I believe) LT is the negative half of the Z axis while RT is the positive half. Because they share an axis, sometimes games have a problem with it and I can only bind one of them without some kind of hack or workaround.

Raceroom used to work perfectly fine with it, but now I can't bind *anything* to LT if RT is already bound. And, with RT bound to throttle and LT unbound, I can only input 75% of throttle for some reason.

The fact that it worked properly before makes it really strange, so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I knew I forgot sth...Sorry for responding so late.
    I can't try myself (cause I'm the odd one out who doesn't use the triggers but the right stick instead ;) ) but I've added your report and the devs will have a look at this issue.

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for the reply but it turned out to be unrelated to the game.

For some reason Windows was detecting the Z axis as digital. Pressing no triggers had it sitting at half way, pressing the left one made it instantly fill up and pressing the right trigger made it instantly empty. I recalibrated it using Windows' own tool and now Raceroom works perfectly.

It's strange how other games worked fine with the triggers when it was "broken" but maybe it was a case of DirectInput vs XInput.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, glad you found the reason and could mend it.
    Also thanks for taking the time to explain what had happened, might come in handy if sb else runs into the same thing.

Cheers

Christian