Question Can't change Tyre pressure, and gearbox settings.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by UnSpawnable, Dec 26, 2019.

1. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi I tried a few laps for time attack with a Porsche GT3 2019. One thing i saw, that i can't change the tyre pressure. To be correct, i can change the values but can't save them?
    Then another noob question, why can i not change the tyre compound? Soft or Hard in Timeattack, and also the gearbox setting are not changeable in the "get real" mod! is that meant or is it just not working on my side? :)
    many Thanks for your help

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    afaik they only race one compound in this class... or at least there are some real life GT3 series that only use a single compound.
    Gearboxes are always fixed in GT3 class, also in the real world. It's part of the BOP I think and is not allowed to change during a season.. (I don't know if the gearboxes are meant to have their ratios changed at all). Every sim that let's you change gear ratios in GT3 cars just does reality no justice ;)

Cannot help you with saving the tyre pressures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi sbtm
    thanks for your quick feedback, so then in my case i have just a problem with the tyre pressure. Are you able to change and save them? I' mean some settings you can't even change, thats ok, but those settings don't have those little "< " "> signs at the end. And my logic says if you have those "<"minus plus ">" arrow's you should be able to change something. At least all settings which arent suposed to change, should be grayed out. but that's just my opinion. Thank you

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Tyre physics are fixed in competitions, so you are not allowed to change the pressures there. The new setup screen doesn't make that clear yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UnSpawnable

UnSpawnable New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi majuh
    thank you for your clarifications. Everything seems to work fin then. Except my lap times.. :(
    (but that's something I can't blame the game for) :)
    Thank you guys for helping me out.

• Like Like x 1