Resolved Can't drive in a straight line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kerry, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    This is a long shot, but there were some other users (all French for some reason) that had input problems since latest patch. They solved it by downloading a couple of Windows updates.

(KB4017100 & KB4017100)

Hopefully this is the solution, otherwise I'm not really sure what it could be.

2. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Apparently "The Update is not applicable to your computer".
    Also, I notice you have duplicated the KB number: "KB4017100 & KB4017100" -- is there another KB number I should be trying?

3. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have found the problem!

I have a dodgy 3rd party XBox 360 Wireless USB Adapter clone attached to my PC. (Device USB\VID_045E&PID_0291\6&21945848&0&3). Probably a lot like this one, although I bought mine years ago.

When the device has no driver installed (ie: ''Unknown device" in Device Manager) R3E exhibits the weird lurching of the wheel as shown in the video.

When I install a driver for the device (XBox 360 Peripherals | XBox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows), and reboot, R3E works perfectly. Easily reproducible.

Hopefully Sector3 can fix it so nobody else has to figure this out, because it's clearly a bug in R3E, given that no other program has this issue. If a developer wants my 360 dongle I'm happy to send it to them!

EDIT: ... or at least it was easily reproducible, now it's not so reliable. Swapping to a different USB port sometimes seems to work too (but if I swap back again it also works). I have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    You already fixed the problem is seems, so I don't have much to add there. That it's a wireless dongle actually makes a bit of sense since looking at your footage it looked like the wheel was loosing connection. Almost wondered if you were playing via Steam link. Anyway, glad you figured it out.

I would suggest you give R3E and other sims a go with the wheel set to 0% Spring and Damper, that's how I prefer to run the T300.

5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    If you have fixed your problem can you please change your thread prefix from "problem" to "solved" thanks :)

6. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I did try, but it wasn't obvious how. Apparently it's a 'Thread Tool' :) Done now!