Problem Can't launch the game please help.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by John Steel, Apr 23, 2016.

1. John Steel

John Steel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've just downloaded R3E through a steam account and it has installed fine, however when I launch it I get the following connection error message.

"Server Connection Error. Cannot connect to server. Error code : 12029" When I click on the OK button it then tries to open raceroom, the game server portal I guess, but that also fails with an error message basically telling me I can't connect.

So I looked through problem posts along those lines both here and on the Steam forums and it seemed to me that the main advise was to ensure that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 where both active in Internet Explorer as well as ensuring that any first or third party security apps, AV and etc. had exclusions added to them for R3E.

I do not run any third party security apps and have added exclusions to Windows defender, both whole directory and individual executables, as well as made sure SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are activated in both Internet Explorer and my default web browser Fifefox ( v 45.0.2 ), added exclusions to Windows firewall, validated the integrity of the steam game files, I have full admin rights and have gone through the usual compatibility scenario's. However the problem still persists.

Seems a little strange and certainly inconvenient that I have no such issues with all the other racing sims or racing games that as a sim junkie, I own.

I am running Windows 10 x64 Home and Firefox ( v 45.0.2 ) as stated above. Any help would be appreciated.

Update : UNINSTALLED

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Please Try
    STEAM→RACEROOM→properties→SET LAUNCH OPTION→「-cefNoGPU」→OK

3. John Steel

John Steel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, however this made no difference and seems related to the 3D settings anyway.

4. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0