Problem Can't open Player1.PLR file to edit

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Haiden, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Others are just opening it in Notepad with no problems. Any ideas why mine won't? I've tried it on three different computers. I even deleted the file and let the game rebuild it. Same issue.

Thanks.

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
  3. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay.. thanks. I'll check that file again. That's where I first looked, but I didn't see the parameters mentioned for the FFB profiles. Someone told me they were selecting FFB options like different profiles (1-5), and that seemed to match was said here.

Global parameters
    • FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.

But I didn't see the "FFB Effects Level" in the RCS file. Is that something different or did I just miss it in the RCS file?

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    a lot of advice that is being given is from a document based on tweaking race 07/gtr² files ,
    the rcs file in raceroom is very different from the original gtr² ffb options

the best bet is to decide what you are exactly trying to do and then describe it and maybe i can help

Andi

5. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Andi. No worries. I figured it out. You're right, it was the advice, kind of. My friend said it was an .ini file, and in another forum, even though I specifically asked about the PLR file, a couple people said I should be able to open it in Notepad, because that's what they were using. Total miscommunication. :) I found the file, though. It was the RCS file I was originally looking at. I just missed the parameter. It was the "FFB steer force balance mode" that I was looking to edit.

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1