Resolved Can't open the game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TraZ, Nov 7, 2015.

1. TraZ

TraZ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello lads, today I just tried to play the game after 2 weeks but I couldn't play it. Why? When I open the game, fist i see the normal picture of the game and after, I just have a black screen and you just see the mouse symbol.
    I don't know, I installed the game again but it didn't help.

Hope you guys can help me

Traazz.

2. Richard PTY

Richard PTY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a similar problem: The game loads and all the menus work, but when I go into a race (doesnt matter if its single player or online) the screen goes black. I get the list of racers and the name of the track on a black background. Sound and controls are ok, since I can hear my car crashing into everything, but its like racing in a pitch-black night with no lights. Anyone else has seen this?

Richard

P.D. Just discovered that the same thing is happening to the saved replays. Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    is this with all cars. some people have had a similar issue with a few cars but i have not heard of this happening with all cars befor.

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Could you please try the following?
    • Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    • Click "properties."
    • Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    • Enter -cefNoGPU -cefNoD3D11 -cefLogInfo in the text field.
    • Click Ok.
    • Start the game.
    An additional thing you may try is to delete the following folder in your user folder:
    \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache

5. Richard PTY

Richard PTY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Hannes, I tried both options, but it didn't work and I started receiving an error message and memory dump errors. In the end what I did was:

• Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    • Click "properties."
    • Click "Local Files"
    • Then "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
    It scanned my local files and found some errors, when I started the game it reinstalled some of the files and is running ok right now, and all my purchased cars and tracks are still there.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'm sure everyone here appreciates when the developer is deeply involved in troubleshooting our problems.

Richard

P.S. Shout out to Shardshunt for getting involved too.