Problem Can't set steering lock in Test Drive

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Metalogic, 8. April 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hi - one annoying thing I'm finding about the Test Drive feature in R3E is that I can't find a way to change the Steering Lock before driving the cars. I'm using a gamepad (XBox One), and usually am using a steering lock of 13, but I think the game defaults to 8 or 9 and this just isn't enough for me to be able to steer around even moderately tight corners, which makes test driving any of the cars properly nigh on impossible, as there doesn't seem to be a way to change the steering lock when test driving cars - or am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Sure? Default steering lock is 13 for most cars and the setting is stored individually in each cars setup file.
    Which car(s) did you experience this with?
    Could it be that you're trying cars you already drove in a competition and created a setup file back then?

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No, because when I tried out some new cars that I bought in the sale e.g. the Ruf, I remember having to change the steering lock to 13

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, for me (Rumblepad2) default is 13, maybe default is set that low with the x360 controller default profile (which I assume you use). But then that should be changed.
    Could you try, just to make sure, to go into any GTR3 cars steering setup menu and press reset to default to see what default value it resets to? Cause I haven't got a 360 pad so I can't check that.

5. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The default steering lock depends on the game controller. The 360 gamepad has steering lock 8 in every car I can remember and I think the xbox one controller uses the same value as default. If this is not changeable in the test drive sessions, this may be a missing feature. Changing the value for another already owned car of the same class should not work as the setting also is saved per car.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Yep absolutely. But then that's way to little, that wouldn't work for me. Or would you say 8 is ok Paradox?

7. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I thought 8 is okay, as it is the default for my controller and I could play the game with this setting as fast as with different racing wheels. Some days ago I tried 13 and it is better indeed. The higher steering lock reduces the need of corrections what helped me a lot with the new physics not to spin around this often. Finally it's much more comfortable and more relaxing with set to 13. As I can race the same times with both settings, I would consider it's a question of personal preference.

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thank you guys for your feedback. Think we should probably use a more common default value, I can see people struggling with lock at 8.
    Reported it, lets wait if they think it needs fixing.

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I think 8 is too low for the XBox One gamepad, which seems to be the default, I struggle to get the car around tight corners with that, 13 is much better. It makes test driving really difficult as I can't get the cars around some of the corners :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Agree, I couldn't drive with a lock value of 8 either. Dk why that has been chosen for xbox controllers, but I don't think it was intended to be that low, so thanks for pointing this out.

• Like Like x 1